Genesis Biotechnology Group
Chief Operating Officer
Genesis Drug Discovery and Development (GD3), a member of the Genesis Biotechnology Group is a contract research organization focused on providing services to support drug discovery programs from early target identification and chemistry through preclinical development and ultimately clinical support through Phase IV clinical trials. GD3’s platforms cover a wide range of therapeutic areas including: oncology, ophthalmology, inflammation/autoimmunity, metabolic diseases, and microbiome.
We are seeking a Chief Operating Officer to drive continuing efficiency, continuity, fiscal performance, growth, and related strategies for the portfolio of services.
The successful candidate will join a dynamic leadership team and will play a critical role in identifying areas of growth, aligning our preclinical offerings with the current trends in drug discovery and development, and driving initiatives to meet growth and profitability targets. The candidate will assess risk management, foster cross collaboration across all GD3 companies and individuals, address client concerns and provide guidance and mentorship to operational teams.
- Present, report, communicate challenges, collaborate on strategic discussions, and related duties with the CEO and the rest of the leadership team.
- Collaborate with the GD3 member CRO’s senior leadership in order to execute corporate policies, initiatives, and strategic plans.
- Responsible for harmonization of operational processes, policies, and procedures between GD3 companies where it makes sense to do so. Including but not limited to:
- SOPs (operational policies and procedures)
- Quality: FDA, OECD, USDA, AAALAC, GLP compliance, and Quality Assurance Unit(s)
- Report generation and design with respect to client deliverables (i.e. making reports look and feel the same between companies)
- Standardization and facilitation of headcount and capital expense requests
- Standardization and implementation of operational metrics
- Direct site leads of GD3 companies with other general operational oversight as appropriate
- Guide decisions involving price structure and price negotiations
- Contribute to developing and implementing the marketing and sales strategy (e.g., brochures, company presentations, website improvement)
- Collaborate with CSO(s) in evaluating, justifying, and implementation of added scientific services
- Direct the strategy, vetting, and analysis of potential M&A targets
- Onboarding and harmonization of processes for acquired companies
- Actively participate at professional meetings and conventions as appropriate
- BS degree in a science-related field with working knowledge and experience within the CRO industry. An advanced degree in organic chemistry / immunology / pharmacology / toxicology and/or business is strongly preferred
- Experience in business development related to pre-clinical contract research is a plus .
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently within an international matrix with business, scientific, and other professionals .
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, good judgment, and ability to communicate with a diverse range of professionals from the Drug Discovery and Development community
- Ability to recognize the needs of the customer and collaborate with scientific management to develop and implement needed services .
- Travel required (25%)
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Dependent Care Flex Spending Account
- 401(k) Plan
- Business Casual Environment
Visit us at https://gd3services.com/
Genesis Drug Discovery and Development, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
The above represents the minimum requirements and is not intended to be an exhaustive list.