Foursquare is the leading independent location technology company, powered by our deep understanding of how people move throughout the world. Our solutions help businesses make smarter decisions, developers create more engaging experiences, and brands build more effective marketing strategies.
Foursquare’s platform includes Attribution, Audience, Proximity, Places, Pilgrim SDK and Visits. As the industry’s first and only accredited company for location data from the Media Rating Council (MRC), this foundation powers all our solutions — those that exist today and those we have yet to build. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map and models fresh and up-to-date, building a phone’s-eye-view of the world with 105 million unique places of interest worldwide.
About the team:
Foursquare’s Business Operations (Biz Ops) team is focused on optimizing the operational footprint of the company, constantly looking for ways to unlock opportunities to drive growth and operational efficiencies. We lead and execute on strategic initiatives, deliver analytical insights, and drive change efforts by partnering with senior leaders across Go-To-Market (GTM), Product, and Operations teams to shape the growth trajectory of Foursquare’s business.
Foursquare has accelerated recent growth through product innovations, strategic partnerships, and M&A, and our ability to scale intelligently is critical to take full advantage of the opportunities ahead of the company. This is an opportunity to play a key role in Foursquare’s ability to achieve that goal.
About the role:
As a Biz Ops Manager, you’ll formulate, lead, measure, and communicate on strategic projects that tackle mission-critical challenges that will support Foursquare’s growth. To do that well, you’ll be analytical in nature, data-driven, constantly curious, humble, and persistent to see an effort through from conception to completion. You thrive at the intersection of business, data, and technology and enjoy working with diverse teams with whom you’ll build meaningful personal and professional relationships.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Effectively lead strategic projects and perform analyses to drive major decisions for the company, partnering with cross-functional leaders to support the delivery of their highest priority outcomes
- Leverage Foursquare’s Enterprise data to conduct in-depth analyses across areas of the business (i.e. customer segmentation, pricing, sales processes, etc ) to develop a deep understanding of key value drivers, identifying improvement areas and opportunities
- Act as connective tissue across the company, navigating teams and individuals to work towards common goals
- Design scalable systems and processes to support Foursquare’s rapid growth
- Scope ambiguous problems into concrete projects
- Effectively communicate findings and project status, providing clear messaging, crisp “so-whats”, and actionable recommendations
- Practice consistently excellent listening skills, thoroughly documenting key ideas and take-aways that effectively summarize project efforts for future reference
- Be a “super organizer” of thoughts, materials, and project artifacts (presentations, emails, etc.)
- Be highly collaborative and partner-oriented, building trust across the entire organization with every interaction
- 5+ years of experience at a top-tier management consulting firm and/or experience in Business Operations, Product, Operations Strategy, GTM, or a cross-functional operational role at a leading technology company
- A bachelor’s degree; top-tier MBA a plus
- Experience with Enterprise software or SaaS GTM strategy
- Natural problem-solving talents with strong analytical abilities, equally adept at quantitative and qualitative analysis and proficient with Excel/Sheets and Powerpoint/Slides
- The ability to work independently with a strong sense of ownership and a hands-on approach, navigating ambiguity and delivering on multiple projects in parallel in a fast paced environment
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to develop strong working relationships
- A humble personality with an objective curiosity and you don’t get caught up in company politics
- The ability to synthesize complex information from a variety of sources, tell a story and translate findings into actionable recommendations
- Exceptional prioritization and project management skills
- Executive presence and experience working closely with senior executives to solve challenging business problems
- An inclination of being detail oriented, but can also understand the big picture, effectively identifying and articulating implications up and downstream
Perks and benefits:
- Learning and development programs from ICs to managers
- Individual, professional coaching for all full-time employees
- Flexible time off - rest and recharge when you need it!
- Comprehensive and competitive health, vision, dental, life insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Home office setup: you get all necessary hardware and internet reimbursement
- Family planning programs via Carrot and Maven
- Employee Resource Groups to help you stay connected
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.