We’re looking for a Chief of Staff for Marketing with a background in corporate communications strategy -- a curious, driven, and adaptable person who’s eager to learn how large organizations work and dive in to solve a variety of complex problems to join our Boston-based team. As a member of the Marketing Strategy & Operations team and working closely with the Chief Marketing Officer, this role will partner with senior leaders across Wayfair on both the tech and business sides of the company. You will play a crucial part in helping our 250 person Marketing team thrive by ensuring we remain a well-oiled machine as we scale.
What You’ll Do
- Own department-wide communications (e.g., All Hands, department wide emails/communication, leadership updates). Translate what the CMO is asking for from leadership, team members, stakeholders; communicate EVP’s priorities, activities, and results to the team and organization, while ensuring deliverables are met
- Drive priorities and shape agendas for department town halls, key leadership meetings, offsites, etc. and identify opportunities to increase team effectiveness while coordinating across team and company to develop materials, including agendas, talking points, and presentations
- Project manage crisis communications, ensuring all key stakeholders / teams are connected and aligned while working against a tight timeline
- Partner to develop communications strategies for the marketing leadership team, including events, priority issues, crisis, or news announcements
- Own development/refinement of our strategic documents, including creation and execution of executive level memos (e.g., senior exec reviews, Board Decks)
- Function as a key advisor to the Chief Marketing Officer across strategic initiatives (e.g., operating model, team culture, cross-department collaboration, transparency). Help us identify blindspots, surface new opportunities, and remain aware of issues affecting team productivity and/or morale.
- Drive implementation of strategic cross-cutting initiatives - Ensure alignment around, transparency into, and crisp execution follow-through for cross-department initiatives (e.g., codifying and spreading standards and best practices, onboarding new hires, cross-department resource planning, etc.).
- Serve as liaison with Talent communicating on department-wide priorities such as how we build our team, develop our talent, and create internal pathways for growth.
- Lead Marketing-specific talent workstreams covering recruiting, learning and development, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, and social and community.
Skills & Experience
- 7-10 years relevant experience (Corporate Communications, Chief of Staff role, or experience with technology/B2B PR or marketing)
- Ability to orchestrate strategic and complex cross-functional communications planning efforts and other business activities with sharp business acuity, creativity, and attention to detail
- Executive level presence - both written and verbal.
- Able to work collaboratively across functions and synthesize multiple points of view into a streamlined action plan.
- Very trustworthy - able to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Evidence of “scrappy start-up execution” and a “get it done” attitude when time is tight and stakes are high.
- Thrives in a high growth, entrepreneurial, and ambiguous environment
- Strong administrative, organizational, managerial and communication skills.
- Ability to lead through informal authority
- Ability to quickly get smart and in the details on a new project, and to be able to balance multiple efforts at once
- Strong critical thinker who can take on nebulous problems and get to a solution
About Wayfair Inc.
- Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
- No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.