Director | Chief of Staff
Location Designation: Hybrid
When you join New York Life Investments, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company, you are joining a global investment company with a long history and passion for career development, innovation, collaboration, and diversity, equity and inclusion. We want employees to feel proud about being part of a company that is committed to doing the right thing. Through various resources and programs, you can grow your career while developing personally and professionally. New York Life is a relationship-based company and appreciates how both virtual and in-person interactions support our culture.
As a top 25 global asset management firm with more than $600 billion in assets under management, we have an important mission: to help build a better financial future for our clients, our employees, and our communities. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life Investments, so we can continue to help people achieve their financial aspirations.
Directly reporting to the New York Life Investment Management (NYLIM) CEO, the Chief of Staff works together with the CEO and to help maximize his impact and effectiveness in all aspects of his mission, and to enable and support the achievement of business goals and key strategic initiatives. The Chief of Staff will be responsible for preparing materials for the Executive Management Committee, the Board of Directors and for the NYLIM Management Committee and extended leadership teams.
In addition, the Chief of Staff will help provide oversight and coordination for various plans for business initiatives leading the Office of the CEO. This role requires excellent decision-making ability, superior organizational knowledge, independent decision making, strong relationships across the company, and a comfort in working with senior management to execute on the delivery of both day-to-day priorities and longer-term goals and projects.
Role & Responsibilities
The chief of staff responsibilities are articulated around the following:
NYLIM CEO Support and Office Management:
- Ensure CEO meeting preparation and follow-up, including briefing and background
- Assume day-to-day responsibility for projects, tasks, and operational support
- Lead the development of materials for the CEO and various Board of Directors; including the preparation of executive reports and presentations to a variety of audiences/constituents
- Coordinate CEO documents and presentations.
- Support CEO in written and oral communication
- Perform research and data gathering to support the CEO
- Provide support to specific corporate projects, help setting priorities and -identifying metrics for success
- Research, analyze data and make recommendations
- Coordinate and collaborate with EA on agenda/time management etc.
Coordinate between NYLIM CEO and various Investment Boards, Executive Management Committee, Management Committee, Business Units, Employees, and all required external contacts:
- Preparation for Executive Management Committee and Management Committee by tracking agenda topics and assemble and prepare board packs and minutes
- Monitor information flow, build strong relationships with team members across the organization
- Oversee large, cross-functional organization projects or initiatives
- Partner with other Chiefs’ of Staff in the Strategic Business to ensure alignment, consistency, and transparency
- Represent department in cross functional groups
Communications, in collaboration with “Communications” business unit:
- Coordinate the CEO communication (internal & external), prepare reports and presentations in collaboration with Head of Communications for NYLIM
- Participate in preparing corporate documentation
- Take responsibility for planning and leading special events, workshops and company retreats
- Lead planning efforts and manage agendas for meetings (staff, Town Halls, Executive Leadership and Extended Leadership meeting)
Project Management & Coordination:
- Coordinate projects and/or commitments directly involving the CEO and the Management Committee
- Monitor and follow up on specific strategic projects in order to update the CEO on a regular basis
- Flexibility to be involved in a wide variety of tasks (ad-hoc projects or business demands which arise)
Required Skills & Competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent; advance degree preferred
- 10+ years of related experience with strong business acumen
- Knowledge/experience in asset management/finance is strongly preferred
- Previous experience supporting a global organization is preferred
- Highly organized and efficient
- Capable of juggling multiple tasks and meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Bi-lingual in French is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to accomplish work through others
- Experience and comfort working with senior leaders
- Adaptability, nimbleness and curiosity with a desire and willingness to learn
- Strong PowerPoint/presentation software skills
- 10-20% travel required to US locations but may include trips to Europe and Asia
Salary range: $145,000-$215,000
Overtime eligible: Exempt
Discretionary bonus eligible: Yes
Sales bonus eligible: No
Click here to learn more about our benefits . Starting salary is dependent upon several factors including previous work experience, specific industry experience, and/or skills required.
Recognized as one of Fortune’s World’s Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and volunteerism, supported by the Foundation . We're proud that due to our mutuality, we operate in the best interests of our policy owners. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses “Be Good At Life.” To learn more, please visit LinkedIn , our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com .
Job Requisition ID: 89298