Where You'll Come In
We're looking for a Chief of Staff to the CTO with a strong background in technology and a thorough knowledge of key business practices and acumen. Our ideal candidate will be organized, detail-oriented, self-driven and able to passionately articulate technology initiatives across the entire organization.
The Chief of Staff will be a key member of CTO’s leadership team and will act as a strategist, advisor, and decision-maker through involvement with operations, recruiting, and special ad hoc projects. The ideal candidate will act as an extension of the CTO to balance priorities, communicate effectively, and maximize the effectiveness of the leadership team.
How You'll Make An Impact
Responsibilities will include driving the rhythm of technology activities, executive communications, operational projects, as well as leading people and partnering with CTO for internal and external engagements.
- Act as sounding board for leadership team on business technology strategy and offer business perspectives on key strategic decisions
- Drive organizational technology processes and agendas
- Maintain a strategic backlog of technology topics for leadership team review
- Manage and oversee cross-functional projects and initiatives related to product/technology exploration and acceleration while ensuring technology effectiveness across business units
- Ensure communication and alignment across different business units and geographies as related to product and technology delivery
- Champion people initiatives in partnership with HR - oversee the CTO office planning process from an operational and staffing perspective
- Partner with finance on technology budget management, headcount management and forecasting
- Be a change agent and ensure best practices and improvements through the product lifecycle
- Develop and manage both internal and external CTO Office communications in a way that demonstrates a deep understanding of message content and impact on the intended audience
- Review, design, and execute on improvements to organizational structure, find knowledge and skills gaps and help address them
- Develop and maintain an operating model, including objectives and key results (OKRs) and critical metrics
- Develop and manage dashboards and analytics to monitor team performance indicators and help drive accountability and priorities
- Coordinate initiatives between the various functional groups
- Collaborate on content development and preparation for key forums
We're Excited About You Because:
- 10+ years as an experienced software developer or architect with a BS/BA or equivalent required. MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of product management, project management or similar experience in the tech industry
- Experience in complex, critical project management roles while seeking simple solutions
- Deep familiarity with highly technical product development teams and processes across software, product, user experience, and data science, and an understanding of the applicability of different skills and methodologies.
- Demonstrated capability in verbal and written communications skills
- Outstanding facilitation, collaboration, and influencing skills
- Effective interpersonal skills and strong executive presentation development and delivery skills
- Ability to influence, create relationships and collaborate internally and externally at all organizational levels
- Experience in business planning, strategy and operations
- Experience with budget management
- Trustworthy with high integrity, and the ability to maintain appropriate confidentiality
Our Core Values:
- Customer-centric — You are passionate about delivering an end-to-end WOW experience for every customer.
- Transparent — You exchange information and feedback frequently to strengthen relationships, ensure alignment, and elevate problem solving.
- Results-driven — You aim high and go beyond tradition and standards to reach our goals.
- **Constantly evolving **— You're never satisfied and are unafraid to be a better version of yourself.
- Competitive salary
- Generous health benefits (dental, medical, vision, FSA)
- 401k plan
- Paid Time Off
- Furniture discounts (for friends and family too)