Blank Street is a small-format coffee shop with big dreams. Our mission is to reinvent local commerce to better serve our customers, our neighborhoods, and our planet. We're starting with our own specialty coffee brand built on top of next-generation electric street carts and micro kiosks, while powering our customer experience through mobile ordering. Our vision is to empower local businesses around the world with the same operating tools & technology, making their goods more accessible for people to discover and love. We're rapidly expanding our reach throughout Brooklyn and Manhattan and looking for a bright & entrepreneurial Chief of Staff to support our CEO & founding team.
The Chief of Staff’s primary mission is to assist Blank Street's founders in making better and faster decisions. We're looking for someone who is exceptionally intelligent, thoughtful, organized and diligent. Functionally, you are "T-shaped": you have a broad base of knowledge in various startup functions from product to marketing, but primarily a specialist in finance & strategy.
That means we are looking for someone who is exceptionally good at gathering information, conducting research, modeling scenarios, analyzing business data, and most importantly synthesizing and communicating all that information very effectively.
Expect to be working on a wide array of projects touching every function of our business, while getting unparalleled access to everything and everyone the founders work with.
We do not expect the Chief of Staff role to last more than 2-3 years. Throughout this tour of duty, we will be investing as much as possible in your personal growth and ultimately look to best position you for the next step in your career (which we hope involves launching new continents for Blank Street).
- Work with CEO on preparing weekly presentations and managing All Hands meetings & translating them into actionable roadmap and next steps for the team
- Support investor relations & fundraising efforts, including working on monthly updates, building fundraising material, creating, and refining our pitch, engaging with investor due diligence questions
- Support in maintaining the company's operating model
- Own, update, and maintain company KPIs
- Manage day-to-day finance and legal work including scenario analysis, providing recommendations around acquisitions & locations, coordinating payments, and creating operational processes that facilitate/automate admin and legal work
- Manage & own on special projects that could 10x our business - from research, to validation & experimentation, and eventual hand off to the relevant teams.
- Manage and continuously audit our project management tools (Notion, Drive, and Asana libraries) to make our team as productive as possible
- 3-5 years of experience in finance, consulting with exposure to technology or at an operating role in a high-growth startup
- Worked autonomously on significant projects that you took from 0-1
- Experience with strategy, modeling, data analysis, and project management
- Tech & entrepreneurial DNA: you have a deep appreciation and understanding for technology and startups
- Competitive salary & equity comp
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Weekly paychecks
- We offset your personal emissions last year (10 carbon credits purchased on your behalf to a project of your choice)
- Ongoing Executive Coaching & lessons from Blank Street founders, exec team, investors, and advisors. Ability to get a crash course in entrepreneurship and blitzscaling a business
- A whole lot of Blank Street swag & coffee