Way helps businesses unlock the power of brand activations.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, with a European office in Paris, we are building the world’s first B2B software platform that enables consumer brands to launch experiences and activations at scale. In a world where 76% of consumers would rather spend their money on experiences over material goods, Way provides the technology for brands to meet this rapidly changing consumer behavior. Our platform provides the infrastructure for any brand to launch experiences using software-driven automation to drive new revenue, build brand loyalty, and streamline operational processes that go into executing on experiences at scale.
Founded in May of 2020, Way already supports hundreds of leading brands in the hospitality space, including Accor, Auberge Resorts Collection, Hyatt, as well as iconic independents such as The Little Nell in Aspen and Meadowood Napa Valley. We are a post-Series A stage company backed by Tiger Global, MSD Capital (Michael Dell), and others, growing high single digits month-over-month on average.
Way is seeking an exceptionally intelligent, passionate, hard-working, and personable Chief of Staff to support our CEO. This is a key role as the company enters its next stage of growth from startup to growth stage business, scaling revenue from 7 to 9 figures in the years to come.
This role is central to the organization and acts as the CEO's right hand, interfacing daily with the entire leadership team and all levels at the company. The Chief of Staff will be involved in a range of activities including strategic planning, product vision, internal and external communications, analytics, project management, financial analysis, and day-to-day operations. The target candidate is highly energetic, adaptable, and has a proven track record of executing at a high level in fast-paced environments.
The target candidate is someone who takes work and their career very seriously and is willing to invest significant amounts of their time and energy for a long period of time to the success of the company and the work that they do every day.
The target candidate thinks and acts like a founder and will hopefully one day become a founder of their own company should they so desire.
Previous experience working in growth-stage venture-backed technology startups, private equity, venture capital, finance, or consulting is required.
The role requires daily in-office work and requires light to moderate flexibility for business travel as needed.
Strategic Planning and Execution: Assist the CEO in setting strategic goals and driving the execution across the organization.
Meeting Preparation & Follow-Up: Prepare the CEO for meetings and follow up on action points that arise.
Operational Efficiency: Streamline internal operations and help optimize current processes.
Communication: Serve as a liaison between the CEO and internal departments as the company scales, ensuring transparency and open lines of communication.
Project Management: Oversee special projects and ensure they are completed on time and within scope.
Mentorship & Team Building: Develop relationships with staff at all levels, fostering a positive culture and promoting professional development.
Data Analysis and Financial Modeling: Provide analysis, insights, and financial modeling for decision-making purposes.
External Relations: Represent the CEO and Way at meetings, conferences, and other events as needed.
- Minimum of 2 to 4 years of experience in a strategy, product, operations, business development, finance or similar role.
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or other advanced degrees are a plus.
- Fluency in English is required; fluency in French or a second language is a plus but not necessary.
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment, while staying extremely organized.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, including the ability to inspire and motivate those around you.
- High emotional intelligence and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders at all levels.
- Proficiency in GSuite, Salesforce, and/or similar SaaS tools.
- Basic to intermediate experience in financial analysis and modeling.
- Deep understanding of technology, software and/or hospitality and real estate industry trends and market dynamics.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary (based on experience and qualifications) and benefits including full healthcare coverage
- Stock option package that ensure true ownership and long term commitment to the success of the company
- An opportunity to work closely with our Co-Founder & CEO and gain insights into all aspects of running a successful, fast-growth, venture-backed company
- A vibrant and dynamic work environment with creative working spaces in Austin and Paris
- Annual hotel and travel stipends
When applying, please include a brief overview outlining the reasons for your interest in Way and the Chief of Staff role.