Since March 2020, we’ve educated 5,000+ students on strategic decision-making frameworks through our proprietary “sprint” product delivered by world-class business school professors. Now we're expanding our product to other distinguished professors, authors, and practitioners to deliver elite business strategy education to today's business leaders at a fraction of the cost.
We are looking for an analytical strategic thinker to be our Business Operations Lead. You’ll be responsible for ensuring efficiency as our organization scales from 25 to 100 employees. You’ll leverage data analysis, systems thinking, and cross-functional research to anticipate, identify, and solve for operational efficiencies across the organization and develop initial POVs/proposals for cross-functional challenges or opportunities facing the organization.
This is a remote position based in the US.
What You’ll Do
- Manage and deliver internal cross-functional projects and processes to enable efficiency as the organization scales.
- Anticipate, identify, and solve for operational inefficiencies within the organization, particularly those with cross-functional implications across marketing, product, operations, and enterprise.
- Own, measure, and identify ways to improve key KPIs and assumptions in our business model; this includes monitoring, gathering, and reporting on these KPIs.
- Research and develop proposals informed by data analysis, customer feedback, and industry trends for cross-functional challenges facing the organization; this could include enterprise packaging/pricing, CRM platform vetting, etc.
- Serve as an expert on all internal systems at Section4 and help facilitate training and implementation.
- Serve as an internal research resource for the leadership team, handling ad-hoc requests for quick, scrappy analyses.
- Hire and train a business operations analyst and data analyst to help identify and solve for operational inefficiencies.
- Partner with the leadership team to develop thought leadership for Section4.
Who You Are
- You have 4-6 years of experience in business operations, strategy, or chief of staff roles, ideally at a Series A startup.You have 2+ years of experience hiring and managing a small team (1-3 analysts/ associates).
- You’re highly analytical with experience using data analysis, Excel models, and customer feedback to decompose and solve real world business challenges.
- You’re experienced at facilitating decisions with implications across an organization; this includes identifying key trade offs, achieving buy-in, and synthesizing driving questions.
- You have a knack for finding creative or unusual research/data sources as you won’t have many internal research databases/dashboards at your disposal.
- You’re intellectually curious and incredibly detail-oriented, with a penchant for over delivering on tight deadlines.You can balance speed with thoroughness to get to the root of the problem.
- You thrive with the ambiguity and responsibility required in high growth startups.You’re at home in Excel, Powerpoint, and Google Slides (SQL is a plus).
- You’re passionate about making access to business education more accessible and affordable.
- Experience in EdTech.Proficiency in SQL.Strong writer with experience creating thought leadership content for senior leadership teams.
Who We Are
At Section4, we believe that different perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences create a whole that is greater than the sum of its parts. A diverse and inclusive team creates a better product.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We encourage candidates of underrepresented backgrounds to apply.