Collection of Information
Information We Collect About You
We collect several types of information from and about users of the Website and Services, some of which is personally identifiable and some of which is non-identifying or aggregated, including:
- information by which Member may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which Member may be contacted online or offline, and credit card and ACH payment information and related billing information (“personal information”);
- information that is about Member but individually does not identify Member; and/or
- information about Member’s Internet connection, the equipment Member use to access the Website and usage details.
We collect this information (i) directly from Member when you provide it to us, (ii) automatically as Member use the Website (which information may include usage details, Internet Protocol (IP) addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies), and (iii) from third parties (such as our business partners).
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through the the Website or otherwise through Member’s use of the Services may include (i) information that Member provide about yourself or others by using our Website and/or Services, including information provided at the time of registering to use our Services, such as username, password, e-mail address, employer information, credit card, PayPal, or ACH payment information; (ii) records and copies of Member’s correspondence, including e-mail addresses, if Member contact us; (iii) Member’s responses to surveys that we might ask Member to complete for research purposes; and (iv) details of any transactions that Member carry out through the Services.
Information Collected Through Data Tracking Technologies
As Member use the Website and/or Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about Member’s devices, browsing actions and patterns, including details of Member’s use of the Website and/or Services (such as traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data) and information about Member’s devices and internet connection (including Member’s IP address, operating system and browser type).
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
Log Information - We may automatically collect and store certain information in our server logs when Member use the Website, including details about how Member used the Website and Services, IP address, and information specific to Member’s device (such as system activity, hardware settings, browser type, and browser language).
Device Identifiers. We may collect information about your device, such as your operating system, hardware version, device settings, file and software names and types, mobile network information and device identifiers. This helps us measure how the Website is performing and to improve the Website for Member on your particular device.
Location-Based Data - We may collect and process information about Member’s geographic location (for example, through GPS signals) when Member use the Website. We will not store or track Member’s device location on an ongoing basis or without Member’s permission. We do not share precise geolocation data with third parties, other than our service providers as necessary to provide the Website and/or Services.
Analytics Data - We may also collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Website and/or Services. These third-party analytics do not collect direct personal information about any user.
Why We Collect Information
The information we collect helps us to improve the Website and Services and to deliver a better and more personalized experience, including by (i) enabling us to estimate our user size and usage patterns; (ii) store information about Member’s preferences, allowing us to customize our Website and Services according to Member’s individual interests; (iii) connect Member with other users who are willing to chat about issues in which Member have expressed an interest; (iv) recognize Member when you use the Website and/or Services; and (v) contact Member regarding the Services.
Third Party Collection of Information
Some content or applications, including advertisements, on the Website may be served by third parties, including advertisers, ad networks and servers, content and application providers, and your mobile device manufacturer and mobile device service provider. These third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about Member when Member use the Website and/or Services. The information they collect may be associated with Member’s personal information or they may collect information, including personal information, about Member’s online activities over time and across different websites and other online services. They may use this information to provide Member with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content.
COS Tech Network does not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If Member have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, Member should contact the responsible provider directly.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about Member or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to:
- Provide Member with the Services, and any other information, products or services that you request from us.
- Present our Website and its contents to Member.
- Fulfill any other purpose for which Member provide it.
- Give Member notices about your account.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between Member and us, including, if applicable, for billing and collection.
- Notify Member when updates to the Services are available, and about changes to any products or services we offer or provide though our Services.
- Contact Member about our own and third parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to Member.
- Enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose Member’s personal information for these purposes without Member’s consent, if Member click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that Member meet its target criteria.
Additionally, we may use information that we collect about Member or that Member provide to us in any other way we may describe when Member provide the information or for any other purposes with Member’s consent.
Following termination or deactivation of an account, we may retain information and content for backup, archival, audit or other business purposes, or otherwise in accordance with applicable laws. We may maintain anonymized, de-identified or aggregated data, including usage data, for analytics purposes. If you have any questions about data retention or deletion, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose anonymized, de-identified or aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose personal information that we collect or Member provide:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to Member if Member have consented to or not opted out of these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To fulfill the purpose for which Member provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when Member provide the information.
- With Member’s consent.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our Terms of Service, found at www.costechnetwork.com/terms-of-service, and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of COS Tech Network, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We may also share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly, including with users, partners or the press in order to, for example, demonstrate how our Services are used, evaluate industry trends, or to create our marketing materials. Any aggregated information shared this way will not contain any personal information.
Your Choices About Our Use and Disclosure of Your Information
We strive to provide Member with choices regarding the personal information Member provide to us. This section describes mechanisms we provide for Member to control certain uses and disclosures of your information.
Location Information. Member can choose whether or not to allow the Website to collect and use real-time information about your device’s location through the device’s privacy settings. If Member block the use of location information, some parts of the Website may then be inaccessible or not function properly.
Promotional Offers. If Member do not want us to use your e-mail address or contact information to promote our own or third parties’ products or services as provided herein, Member can opt-out by sending us an e-mail stating your request to email@example.com.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
Member may review and update your account information by logging into your account and visiting your account profile page.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of the Services that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have implemented measures designed to secure Member’s personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All credit card information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind SSL/TLS technology. Any information Member provide to us through your use of the Services will be encrypted using industry standard technology.
The safety and security of Member’s information also depends on Member. Where we have given Member (or where Member have chosen) a password for access to the Website and/or payment information for the Services, Member are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask Member not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect Member’s personal information and we take reasonable steps ensure that our Website is secure, we cannot guarantee the security of Member’s personal information transmitted through the Services. Any transmission of personal information is at Member’s own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures that we provide.
COS Network LLC