Worklife is the first venture capital firm designed for a new era.
Where work is more creative and anyone can start something.
Where life is more flexible and not tied to an office.
Where everyone is a triple threat.
We’re investors in the latest tools to start your own business from anywhere including Webflow, Public, Hopin, Settle, Pipe, and over 100 other startups.
Whether it’s a podcast, jewelry line, merch shop or venture-backed tech company, Worklife has backed tools for you to start a business without ever writing a line of code.
Worklife was founded in 2019 and in our first two years the companies we've backed are now worth over $32B.
Our investors include Zoom CEO Eric Yuan, Slack CEO Stewart Butterfield and a collective of founders from Cameo, Spotify, Twitch and more.
Learn more: https://worklife.vc
About the role
As the Chief of Staff, you will act as the “operational glue” amongst the team. You will assist in the execution of key priorities for the firm including:
- Define and optimize the firm's operating calendar: founder education, collaborations & special projects, investor relations, social impact.
- Own the firm's operating expenses and headcount budget effectively by collaborating and taking inputs across brand, editorial, platform, investor relations, and founder programming.
- Founder onboarding and education: collaborate with Head of Platform on workshops for founders, quarterly executive briefings, and tailored customer events for portfolio companies.
- Investor relations: collaborate with Head of Platform and producers on our virtual summits and weekly operator talks.
- Talent: define and build a talent network with engineering and design resources to scale our 1:1 introductions and executive recruiting.
- Hiring: as we continue to grow the Worklife team, spearhead all hiring initiatives across the firm.
- Team Meetings: you are excited about and able to run a team meeting effectively. You share priorities across the team and keep everyone running in the same direction.
You may be a good fit if you're
- A systems thinker with experience building and scaling a high growth tech company or modern venture firm.
We're ready to operationalize programs and processes we've tested over the last year. We need someone who loves building systems and foundational processes to scale our efforts.
- Organized, accountable, and operate with intensity.
While we are friendly, respectful, and encourage a healthy amount of vacation, we work long hours and frequently take calls on evenings and weekends to help the companies that we've backed.
- Knowledgeable about key functions of a startup: Product, Engineering, Design, Marketing, Sales, Customer Success.
The CoS will be a founder-facing role that's responsible for building our talent network to help companies scale and help friends in the ecosystem find their next startup.
We're looking for someone that's a natural super-connector and can hit the ground running on new programs for key functions.
- Curious, collaborative and plugged into consumer culture.
Venture is highly collaborative with exposure to startups, media, strategic partners, and other venture firms.
We take a unique approach to community building.
We've built a new social network for designers in Figma.
A family talent show to help parents stuck at home.
We create, hack, and build with a lot of personality.
The CoS will be a highly visible champion of Worklife culture and help us execute creative programming to build the broader startup ecosystem.
We value bold big ideas that require an engineer and a designer vs. traditional VC dinners and conventional playbooks.
- Location: LA preferred, but open to NYC or SF. We’re looking for someone with a strong Silicon Valley network, ideally in a CoS position at a high growth venture-backed startup or firm.
- Experience & Leveling: This role will report to the Managing Director of the firm. It's the equivalent of a Director-level role at high growth tech company.
- Start date: August/Sept, however open to sooner for the right candidate.