The Company And Function
Moody’s Corporation is a century old company that is evolving as a modern integrated risk assessment firm that enables its customers to deeply understand and manage risk in an everchanging world. Our People team is on an evolution journey to modernize to support the needs of our business and customers by focusing on data driven activities and creating a great employee experience that invites people to come and stay at Moody’s.
Our team (People Team Effectiveness) is focused on optimization of the function and our efforts in three key areas: enabling leadership, diminishing risk, and providing operational discipline to the People function. This team also contributes a strong understanding and orchestration of People team project management and prioritization, creating the integral link between the people strategy, inherent and hidden risks, and flawless execution. This team is paramount in creating operational excellence within the People function.
The Role / Responsibilities
This Vice President role will coordinate initiatives and enable the People Effectiveness team to work with internal and external stakeholders to fulfil r Moody’s People Strategy. This role includes strategic, operational, project and administrative responsibilities and facilitates collaboration and communication across the People leadership team, the Executive Team, and the broader People organization. The role requires a combination of focus and flexibility, a willingness to play an active, behind-the-scenes role and a high degree of personal and professional integrity and discretion.
Project Management / Planning
- Coordinates projects and commitments; develops and maintains an inventory of critical path strategic projects most relevant to the People team. Monitors the People team strategic project portfolio and proactively raises/escalates issues.
- Manages special projects which, at times, are confidential or time sensitive or that require a quick turnaround. Executes with minimal direction or outside assistance.
- Takes a lead role in the People Evolution program that will transform the way in which the People organization will operate in the future.
- Manages the collection of measurements and outcomes (e.g., KPIs, OKRs) of the People team leveraging dashboards; provides insights and analysis of results.
- Coordinates development of wide range of communication materials to support the People Leadership Team, including board presentations, internal and external presentations.
- Possesses a strong ability to tell the People team’s story through the creation of messaging and content for an Executive / Board level audience; must independently draft materials that are near Board ready with a clear message.
- Partners with Internal Communications to manage an effective communication plan for the People organization; Identifies ways to leverage senior management team to deliver and reinforce key messages.
- Serves as member of People senior leadership team; attends weekly senior management meetings; identifies agenda items; coordinates follow up with stakeholders to ensure execution of agreed-upon actions and effective flow of relevant information across the People leadership team.
- Partners with Finance on budget and resourcing for the People team and manages routine budget requests and issues. Monitors the functions spend and manages budget variance requests.
- Serves as central point of contact and coordination for operational, infrastructure and control issues that require the People Leadership involvement.
- Highly-developed communications skills – exceptional written/verbal story telling
- Interpersonal savvy (EQ)
- Action oriented and comfort running with initiatives from idea inception through delivery; able to translate strategy to action
- Strong project management skills with an extreme attention to detail
- Organizational and political agility
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Unquestionable personal code of ethics, integrity, inclusion, and trust
- Able to work independently and successfully navigate within varying degrees of ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to translate complex data, insights, and concepts into easily to consume messaging
- Experience building and presenting executive level presentations is required, advanced PowerPoint and Excel capabilities
- Operate in a hybrid working environment requiring on average 2-3 days attendance at 7WTC in NYC
- 10+ years of experience in progressively more senior and complex roles involving some combination of the following: strategy, human resources and/or project management
- Experience in a consultancy role serving CHRO clients is a plus
Moody's People team is dedicated to maximizing the contributions and potential of our employees.
We do this by fostering a fair and inclusive work environment and promoting a culture that encourages diverse viewpoints; recruiting skilled employees and advancing and retaining top talent; providing opportunities for professional and career development; and offering competitive total rewards.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) and, if hired, present proof of vaccination on start date, as determined by Moody’s.
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody’s also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities or based on a sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
This position may be considered a promotional opportunity, pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law. Click here to view our Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination statement.
Working at Moody's
Moody's (NYSE: MCO) is a global integrated risk assessment firm that empowers organizations to make better decisions. Our data, analytical solutions and insights help decision-makers identify opportunities and manage the risks of doing business with others. We believe that greater transparency, more informed decisions, and fair access to information open the door to shared progress. Moody's combines international presence with local expertise and over a century of experience in financial markets. Learn more at moodys.com.
At Moody’s, we’re taking action. We’re hiring diverse talent and providing underrepresented groups with equitable opportunities in their careers. We’re educating, empowering and elevating our people, and creating a workplace where each person can be their true selves, reach their full potential and thrive on every level. Learn more about our DE&I initiatives, employee development programs and view our annual DE&I Report at moodys.com/diversity
Moody’s Shared Services are the front line professionals including Finance, Technology, Legal, Compliance and Human Resources, that operationally support our business units. Exceptional Shared Services teams are vital to the international success of our business.