Zelis seeks to recruit a VP of Chief of Staff to work with the President of Claims Cost Solutions (CCS) and Claims Cost Solutions leadership team in driving organizational efficiency as the division continues to grow with the ever-changing needs in the market today.
The VP of Chief of Staff will partner with key executive team members, and other functional areas in Zelis, to manage critical processes, like developing the divisional story for the Claims Cost Solutions for the Board, Zelis Operating Committee, and all associates. We seek an executive who is passionate about impact, value-creation, and brings the strategic and tactical skills to deliver change. It is essential that this executive also bring vision, leadership skills, and ability to collaboratively influence teams and organizations at all levels. This role will report to the President, Claims Cost Solutions, and work closely with CCS leadership team to ensure smooth operations across and within the division.
The role will partner closely with leaders within and outside of CCS to define and communicate CCS’ short- and long-term deliverables to key internal and external stakeholders. This will include coordinating the executive team meetings and specifically coordinating content for the presentations including financial and operational analyses, town halls, monthly CCS leadership team meetings and preparation for Board meetings.
This critical, trusted leadership role as the strategic right-hand person/chief of staff to the President CCS and drives strategic business planning, support, and direct change management throughout the CCS organization.
Overall, The VP Chief Of Staff Objectives Include
- Project leadership to drive the CCS objectives and necessary tracking activities to hold team members accountable (e.g., dashboards, scheduling meetings) to develop a culture of measuring success and early issue identification.
- Create and publish progress against plans. Plan and lead planning sessions with the management team. Collaborate with the leadership team, technology, HR, and finance to track, analyze and report CCS performance per MITs, project goals, and change initiatives, as needed.
- Proactive in escalating and resolving potential issues by calling them to the attention of the business unit and identifying potential solutions. Has ability to question whether our initiatives match our strategy.
- Coordinate with cross-departmental teams to ensure project objectives are achieved and timelines are met; build and own relationships with key stakeholders by directing them towards consensus points and gaining buy-in.
- Package strategic story in compelling, crisp, and clear way for internal and external communications.
- Drive communications of the strategy internally (e.g., create materials for Town Halls and senior leadership team meetings) and externally (e.g., for Board of Directors meetings.)
- Supports President CCS in preparation of board, executive committee, and presentations.
We expect this executive would be positioned to advance into an operating role created by the Company’s accelerated growth and expansion.
The ideal candidate is a strategic and tactical problem solver with a “hands-on” orientation who understands what it takes to drive real operating change, can create a sense of urgency, and effectively influence others. The candidate must have the drive and ability to help develop strategic, analytical, and financial frameworks, to identify practical and meaningful business improvement opportunities, and to define and implement solutions. Key to his/her success will be the ability to manage complexity and ambiguity and transform into action across functional groups, driving value-creation. In addition, a successful VP Chief of Staff will be a “do-er” versus a “manager”, who contributes daily to progress.
- Ability to identify and define business questions and issues, and develop strategic, analytical, and financial frameworks to conduct analysis.
- He/she will have experience developing, designing, and leading the execution of implementation plans to improve profitability and operational efficiencies.
- This analytical skill must be combined with highly developed project management skills.
- Problem solver who can create a sense of urgency on key issues.
- Creative, out-of-the-box thinker, confident and highly motivated.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to make decisions quickly, and a high level of maturity.
Influencing and Partnering Skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Strong leadership and influencing skills with the ability to gain the trust and respect of the President, CCS and the CCS leadership team.
- Address potential challenge or conflict in a positive and proactive way, with the ability to push back appropriately and constructively when there is disagreement with other stakeholders.
- Ability to understand the subtleties and complexities of pushing an agenda in highly performing organizations.
- A self-starter who makes things happen.
- Able to develop clear goals and plans and deliver against them.
- Well-organized with a finisher mentality, able to juggle multiple tasks and ensure that there are no ‘dropped balls’.
- Ability to think on his/her feet and stay calm under pressure, while being responsive and action oriented.
- Goes beyond expectations by thinking proactively and delivering more than has been agreed.
- Ability to see the bigger picture, identifying opportunities to add value beyond immediate requirements.
- Handling complexity and ambiguity, an agile thinker.
- Ability to grip a wide range of different business situations quickly.
- Strong intellect
- Easily builds rapport because he or she adds value, collaborates with others, and is a trusted team member
- Strong presence, credible operating at Board level and with investors
- Ability to work with deal team as an advisor and a true business partner with management, team player
- Tenacious, resilient, and service-oriented approach
- Enjoys working at pace and multi-tasking in a pressured environment
- Creative problem solver takes initiative and ownership
Experience & Education
- 8+ years of work experience, including some time at a top strategy consulting firm
- Operating experience in healthcare technology is a plus
- MBA or equivalent degree a plus
As a leading payments company in healthcare, we guide, price, explain, and pay for care on behalf of insurers and their members. We’re Zelis in our pursuit to align the interests of payers, providers, and consumers to deliver a better financial experience and more affordable, transparent care for all. We partner with more than 700 payers, including the top-5 national health plans, BCBS insurers, regional health plans, TPAs and self-insured employers, over 4 million providers, and 100 million members, enabling the healthcare industry to pay for care, with care. Zelis brings adaptive technology, a deeply ingrained service culture, and a comprehensive navigation through adjudication and payment platform to manage the complete payment process.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging
At Zelis, we champion diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging in all aspects of our operations. We embrace the power of diversity and create an environment where people can bring their authentic and best selves to work. We know that a sense of belonging is key not only to your success at Zelis, but also to your ability to bring your best each day.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Zelis is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, even if you do not believe you 100% fit the qualifications of the position, including women, LGBTQIA people, people of color, and people with disabilities.
We are dedicated to ensuring our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and require a reasonable accommodation with any part of the application and/or interview process, please email TalentAcquisition@zelis.com
SCAM ALERT: There is an active nationwide employment scam which is now using Zelis to garner personal information or financial scams. This site is secure, and any applications made here are with our legitimate partner. If you’re contacted by a Zelis Recruiter, please ensure whomever is contacting you truly represents Zelis Healthcare. We will never asked for the exchange of any money or credit card details during the recruitment process. Please be aware of any suspicious email activity from people who could be pretending to be recruiters or senior professionals at Zelis.