VP of Reimbursement and Chief of Staff to the Chief Strategic Advisor
About Us: Artera is an AI startup that develops medical artificial intelligence tests to personalize therapy for cancer patients. Artera is on a mission to personalize medical decisions for patients and physicians on a global scale.
Artera is seeking a highly motivated and strategic individual to fill the role of Chief of Staff to the Chief Strategic Advisor and VP of Reimbursement (C-VP). The C-VP of Reimbursement plays a critical role in planning Artera products and bringing those products from a research stage product to a commercially available product with a focus on regulatory and reimbursement needs of the company. The C-VP also oversees a team of individuals who help to plan and execute on regulatory and reimbursement goals of the company, while functioning as the Chief of Staff to the CSA.
- Build and manage the reimbursement team
- Developing and implementing strategies for seeking reimbursement of novel Artera tests
- Provides insights on new product concepts regarding the potential for reimbursement
- Conduct research and analysis to support decision-making processes and provide valuable insights.
- Streamline day-to-day operations within the Reimbursement department to enhance efficiency and productivity.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and implement best practices.
- Oversees engagement with government and private payers
- Develops and executes strategies for entry into ex-US markets based on local regulatory
- requirements and reimbursement systems
- Oversees the company’s regulatory quality efforts
- Oversees a team of individuals who will engage with government and private payers to
- seek reimbursement for Artera products
- Oversees coordination between regulatory, reimbursement, and other company
- Manages outside vendors and contractors retained to support regulatory and
- reimbursement needs within Artera, possibly in coordination with other company
- Assists with other needs within the company, examples of which may include
- compliance, billing, laboratory operations, or product development.
- Monitor project milestones and deliverables to achieve successful outcomes.
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the CSA, managing calendars, scheduling meetings, and handling other tasks as needed.
- Provide operational support to the CSA, driving company initiatives, managing teams, and otherwise implementing the CSA’s vision.
- Foster a positive and collaborative team culture within the Reimbursement department.
- Stay informed about industry trends, regulations, and advancements in healthcare reimbursement.
- Conduct market research to identify new opportunities and potential risks.
Education And Experience Requirements
- Advanced degree in healthcare, policy, or business. (e.g. MD, PhD, JD, MBA)
- Proven experience in a similar role, preferably in a healthcare or technology-focused environment.
- Substantial experience with coverage and pricing of diagnostic tests
- Deep knowledge of the US healthcare system with attention to the interface between
- regulatory pathways, scientific claims, and impacts on reimbursement opportunities
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong operational and managerial skills
- Ability to communicate complex concepts
- Ability to find and summarize government and private payer coverage policies
- Ability to find, read, and interpret notices from the federal government with attention to
- the impact of those notices on Artera or its tests.
$270,000 - $320,000 a year
Competitive and commensurate with experience, qualifications, and other factors to be discussed during the interview process. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer enticing benefits, including 401k matching, unlimited paid time off (PTO), and more.
Equal Employee Opportunity: At Artera, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients and physicians. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.