The Vendor Manager position is for a passionate customer and brand advocate within Amazon with proven analytical capabilities, project management skills, and the ability to effectively prioritize. The Vendor Manager is a P&L owner and hands on operator with some of the world's greatest brands that have a direct selling relationship with Amazon. The VM must be an excellent communicator - this person will work cross-functionally every day with supply chain, finance, advertising, etc. to ensure that your businesses are positioned for growth and sustainable success. A great VM candidate is someone that has a "can do" attitude, is passionate about driving customer-centric outcomes, and has a track record of delivering business results. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a passion for retail and a high level of flexibility and commitment.
A Successful VM Will Be Able To
- Act as the business owner for assigned categories, possessing a complete understanding (inclusive of the strategic context) of internal and external variables that impact your business (this entails owning forecasting, monitoring, understanding and reporting on the business, along with responsibility for driving projects and promotions to achieve business objectives)
- Have a thorough understanding of the industry, seasonality and business trends/events, and continually monitor competitor/industry developments
- Maximize Amazon’s business profitability and selection expansion opportunities
- Have a complete understanding of the customer needs, both existing and potential, and use that knowledge to advocate for and drive delivery of site features that provide Amazon customers with an unparalleled shopping experience
- Manage vendor relationships - manage supplier/partner contracts, manage day-to-day relationships, and negotiate and secure marketing funds
- Create business plans for new opportunities and develop and execute project plans for the launch of new features, incorporating merchandising and pricing strategies
- Coordinate cross-functional teams, and communicate with internal and external stakeholders, while meeting tight deadlines
- Conduct financial analysis of business opportunities to meet and exceed revenue and profitability targets
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
New York, NY, USA
- 3+ years of with Excel experience
- 5+ years of retail, operations, product or program management, or business management/consulting with negotiations and delivering results experience
- Bachelor's degree, or 3+ years of professional or military experience
- Experience with financial analysis and P&L ownership
- Experience managing large data sets and utilizing to drive performance and process improvements
- Experience in vendor negotiations, pricing and promotion, inventory management, and product development
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $58,600/year in our lowest geographic market up to $141,100/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.