At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is seeking a Technical Chief of Staff (Virtual) to join our Enterprise Simulation and Test Framework team. This position requires a deep understanding of simulation technologies, software development and verification, and high-assurance processes. As a key technical leader on the team, you must be a skillful communicator, able to see problems through a variety of perspectives at different levels of abstraction. You will work to inform and evolve a strong product vision, help align roadmaps and teams to execute that vision, identify and adapt to challenges along the way. This position may require travel up to 20% of the time.
This position will have the option to be based out of anywhere in the United States and is not limited to: Berkeley MO, North Charleston SC, Huntington Beach CA, Seal Beach CA, Long Beach CA, El Segundo CA, Mesa AZ, Oklahoma City OK, Huntsville AL, Plano TX, San Antonio TX, Herndon VA, Colorado Springs CO, Ridley Park PA, or Chicago IL.
- Inform the product vision for the Boeing Enterprise Simulation and Test Framework
- Assist in defining and launching specific projects and workstreams that demonstrate that vision
- Assist in identifying appropriate goals and metrics for product success
- Provide guidance and support to teams and projects in executing all of the above
- Gather and interpret diverse technical information to guide product development
- Develop roadmaps that align to the broader vision of the organization
- Collaborate with leadership team on strategy development
- Provide clear written and spoken communication to a variety of audiences
- Foster a culture that supports diversity and inclusion
This position has been identified as a virtual opportunity and does not require applicants to live in Mesa, Arizona.
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance Post-Start is required.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years of simulation development and deployment experience
- 2+ years of product strategy, development, and support
- Experience with mentoring and educating engineers on technical topics
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Development experience involving hardware and software integration
- Experience with Product-Line Engineering
- Experience with Continuous Integration (CI) / Continuous Deployment (CD) pipelines
- Experience with safety-critical and mission-critical development processes
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 20 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+15 years' related work experience, Master+18 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Shift Work Statement:
This position is for 1st shift.
At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Summary pay range (min-max): $190,000 – $265,000
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.