Support Operations Manager
Ownwell helps property owners reduce the costs of owning real estate. Our proprietary software automatically identifies property owners that are overpaying on real estate expenses. We then manage the end-to-end process of reducing bills through tax appeals, exemptions, and corrections.
Over $40 billion is overpaid in property taxes every year, and inaccurate tax assessments disproportionately affect people of color, immigrants, as well as low-income communities.
We're dedicated to making the costs of property ownership more transparent and equitable. We believe that regardless of status or level of real estate expertise, everyone should have access to the information, tools, and resources to manage their real estate with confidence.
Ownwell is well-funded and venture-backed by some of the best investors in the world. Our customer base has grown by more than 1000% year-over-year with exceptional feedback demonstrating clear product market fit. We are looking for driven and passionate team members who thrive in a collaborative, positive culture where we all win together. If this sounds like the place for you, come help us change the way everyday homeowners manage their real estate across the country.
People are our superpower! Centered in everything we do is a true sense of team. We listen and we learn from each other. We are on this rocketship together and embrace a fast-paced, truly collaborative environment. We are here to win as a team and as a company.
We've brought together General Appraisers, Certified Public Accountants, Property Tax Consultants, Data scientists, PhDs, best-in-class customer support representatives, and more to deliver top results for our customers.
Our core values are our guiding principles in everything we do
- Customer Obsession
- Take Ownership
- Do The Right Thing
- Go Far Together
- Accelerate Innovation
As Ownwell's Operations Manager, you'll lead a team of talented individuals to ensure our client's property tax appeals are given the individual care and attention they deserve to get the best possible results. This includes establishing scalable market operations with the objective of increasing win rates and customer savings while completely eliminating drops. It also involves helping your team establish new processes to improve efficiency and innovation relative to their respective process paths.
The ideal candidate is familiar with business operations and has demonstrated excellent leadership skills. They have an analytical mind, outstanding cross-functional skills, can thrive in ambiguity, and have experience with process improvement.
- Supervise a team of Operations Analysts
- Lead the Post-filing portion of the 3x weekly team meetings to capture wins and opportunities
- Delegate team workload and monitor progress
- Ensure all Filed appeals have hearing dates received by the County and scheduled in Opsite
- Manage Reschedule requests by facilitating communication between the County and the PTCs
- Monitor Docket view daily and reach out to PTCM for unassigned dockets to assign to a PTC
- Ensure County Evidence is submitted by deadlines outlined on the Ops calendar
- Ensure County Evidence due from the County is available in Opsite for PTC review. If not available 14-days out from the hearing, confirm that request for evidence is sent.
- Confirm that results are processed quickly via email and mail & Board Orders are uploaded to Opsite so that the invoicing process can begin
- Build out and maintain protest and conclusion code status tracking in Opsite
- Oversee Exemptions workflows and drive innovation to reduce manual processes
- Action Task Center Kickbacks from Abacus
- Manage NOV document processing
- Manage Tax Statement / Receipt document processing
- Hold team accountable for processing mail in Google Drive (including Question mail), constantly seeking opportunities to insert automation and decrease manual workload
- Drive metrics relating to Post-filing work processes
- Review Zendesk and Groove tickets and assign to teammates accordingly
- Come prepared to all meetings with updates, questions and concerns
- Maintain collaborative communications with direct reports, peers, managers and cross-functional partners
- Document post-filing processes for all states where Ownwell is operable and ensure documentation is circulated to appropriate internal stakeholders
- Entrepreneurial culture. Own your career; we are here to support you in the journey.
- Access to First Round Network to build your community outside of Ownwell.
- Flexible PTO. We believe in giving you the flexibility to own your time off. In addition to flexible time off, you will get 11 company holidays. We offer the last week of the year to recharge and reset.
- Competitive health benefits. We care for you and your family's health, as reflected in our benefits coverage.
- Learning support through a $1,000 stipend per year to enable investing in your individual learning needs.
- Supporting parental journey. We offer up to 16 weeks of fully paid parental and bonding leave to support your journey as a new parent.
- As applicable complimentary real estate and tax consulting licensing and renewal
Ownwell's vision is to democratize access to real estate expertise. When we say we want to provide access, we mean providing access to everyone. To do that well, we need a team that's broadly representative. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Ownwell is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status.