Support Operations Manager
at Handshake (View all jobs)
Handshake is the number one site for college students to find a job. Today, the Handshake community includes 17 million students and young alumni at over 1,000 colleges and universities — including 120+ minority-serving institutions. We connect up-and-coming talent across all 50 states with nearly 500,000 employers recruiting on Handshake — from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of small businesses, nonprofits, startups, and more. Handshake is democratizing opportunity and ensuring college students have the support they need to find a great job and kick-off a meaningful career regardless of where they go to school, what they choose as a major, and who they know.
We welcome all people. We celebrate diversity of all kinds and are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We seek to hire, develop and retain talented people from all backgrounds. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge - we want you to apply.
Handshake is hiring a Support Operations Manager reporting to the Director of Global Support, on the Global Support team. In this role you will strategize, develop, maintain, and own all tooling, integrations, technology, and infrastructure that supports our Global Support, Trust and Safety, and Documentation teams. You’ll play a key role in building scalable solutions and processes while nurturing a fun, collaborative culture. You'll also lead and develop a Training and QA Specialist to ensure we have high quality onboarding and ongoing quality across the team. You’ll work closely with the Director of Global Support, the Support Leadership team, our Agency Staff Vendor, Product, Engineering, Finance/BizOps, Sales, and Success teams to improve efficiency and quality and contribute to an overall seamless experience for the team, company, and users. You’ll also be a department leader and thought partner in building and instilling our team culture and values, and elevating support cross functionally and externally. You will have opportunities to take on projects to automate and streamline Support tools with other teams and the holistic customer experience, revamp our ticket categories and reporting, and partner with Support Leaders to take onboarding and enablement to the next level.
You will be responsible for supporting the day-to-day operations and software systems used by Handshake’s Global Support team, primarily our Zendesk instance, and integrations with internal business processes and tools. You will be able to juggle a diverse workload that includes everything from managing user provisioning to troubleshooting custom applications in support of a global organization. As we rely on our systems to support and scale the organization, you will be the backbone and the foundation to our success!
- Develop and execute support operations strategy, metrics, roadmap, workstreams, and operating procedures to ensure a seamless, scaled, and world-class experience for internal teams and customers
- Drive improvements in efficiency, quality, response times and satisfaction across the entire customer support organization and the customer experience
- Lead, guide, and develop a Training and QA specialist to deliver high quality onboarding and ongoing development programs across the team
- Manage, maintain, update, implement, and fix support tools and infrastructure, including but not limited to Zendesk, Calendly, Zapier, Looker, Staffing Model, Support Bot/Slack Bots, Help Center, Solvvy, Guru, Audit Logs, JIRA, and Salesforce
- Manage a fast-paced queue of support operations requests, prioritize requests according to business impact, and drive to appropriate completion dates. Provide support and troubleshooting for our Support systems, including App integration, tagging, macros, automations, etc. when necessary
- Develop metrics and dashboards and conduct analysis to allow us to analyze the daily, weekly, and monthly performance of the team and channels
- Work directly with vendors and Support Leadership to meet or exceed defined KPIs, specifically around response time and customer satisfaction
- Evaluate staffing plans and scheduling to ensure expected volume will be handled within SLA targets in a multi/omni-channel customer care environment
- Contribute to and collaborate with Support Leaders around developing product launch processes and checklists, including but not limited to facilitating team review of PRDs and test plans, participation in QA parties, training/enablement team on changes/new features,and developing tools and systems
- Research and implement process improvements to increase team and customer efficiencies and effectiveness
- Identify trends and collaborate cross functionally to improve the customer experience
- Influence the direction of Handshake by leading and participating in cross-functional projects with Support Leadership, Product, Engineering, Finance/BizOps, Sales, and Success teams
- Utilize internal tools to help manage issues between Support, Marketing, Product, Engineering, Customer Success, & other internal teams
- At least 1+ year of Zendesk administration experience. Ability to independently build and maintain Zendesk queues/views, triggers, automations, routing, and integrations.
- Excel, Data Analysis and Visualization: ability to develop metrics and dashboards to allow us to analyze the daily, weekly, and monthly performance of the team and channels
- Ability to think systematically: identify and build infrastructure, processes, and tools to drive efficiency and streamlined operations
- Exceptionally results oriented: analytical, methodical approach to identifying challenges and measuring impact and strong ownership in tracking metrics and outcomes
- Project management, organization, and prioritization: proven project management, multitasking & prioritization skills
- Communication: excellent verbal and written communication skills with a clear ability to communicate complex topics with simple language
- High attention to detail and ability to troubleshoot with limited information and a clear plan of action
- Entrepreneurial and consultative: you’re a Do-er, have strong work ethic, and a bias for action. You’ll do whatever it takes to meet customer needs.
- Leadership Experience and Presence: actively coach and develop relationships and tools to drive a high performing, engaged team and help establish parameters for success in working with business partners. Confident, mature, and displays authority within team, across teams, and with vendors or business partners
- Onboarding and Training: ability to identify onboarding and training needs, create materials, assess learning, and iterate accordingly
- Passion for the problem: helping launch careers and grow companies by making the best matches between companies and new graduates, and digging into or fixing the nuts and bolts in parallel
- Empathy and Humility: exceptional EQ with a strong sense of empathy with team members, customers, and partners
- Recruiting and Hiring: assist in recruiting, interviewing, and hiring and creating a world-class, inclusive candidate experience.
- Willingness to travel to SF and/or Denver to frequently collaborate with Support, Finance/BizOps, Employer Premium Partnerships, Success, Product, and Engineering teams
Bonus Areas of Expertise:
- Experience with Jira, Zapier, Salesforce, and other common SaaS support tools
- Has Zendesk Support Administrator and Looker certifications
- Has Zendesk App Developer certification
- Has API, SQL, GitHub, and/or SSO experience
- Has CRM, reporting and analytics experience
- 1+ year working in Enterprise SaaS Customer Support at a fast-paced tech company
- Knowledge of how online recruiting technology works, and the ability to explain it in ordinary terms
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, sports, game nights, book clubs.
- Learning: Learning & Development opportunities for you to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- ...And much more!
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.