Your Title: Strategy Manager
Job Location: Portland, OR or Westminster, CO
Our Department: Trimble Viewpoint
Are you passionate about being a strategic team player who plays a critical role in shaping and driving the growth of a dynamic organization? Come be part of Trimble’s Construction Management Solutions team!
What You Will Do
As the Strategy Manager, you will work on diving into market data and research, and also internal business and product data to understand problems and finding and analyzing the relevant data to uncover key insights and trends that will play a critical role in shaping and driving near term and long term segment strategy. You will also work closely with our product and cross functional team members to develop cross-functional operational plans, identify critical success metrics, and lay the groundwork for the success execution of our plans and programs. You will be comfortable with conducting industry research, collecting and analyzing data from a variety of sources, and working cross-functionally with finance, product, sales and marketing as a part of the strategic planning process.
- Work to develop key metrics and growth and expansion strategies for broader business
- Conduct strategic analyses of existing and adjacent markets to help identify and evaluate potential product innovation opportunities
- Critically review and assess market structure, customer workflow and needs as well as trends & drivers influencing market size, growth, profitability, comparative advantage and risk
- Run organizational planning and business processes in alignment with all other functions to develop vision, mission, goals, objectives and key results (OKRs), resource and capital plans, etc.
- Structure and execute operational and strategic initiatives by gathering and synthesizing relevant data, leading analyses and presenting final recommendations that will drive short- and long-term product growth
What Skills & Experience You Should Bring
In addition to normal professional core competencies around strategic planning, you will have:
- 5-7 years experience as a financial analyst, business planner, management consultant or data analyst, preferably at a technology company
- Undergraduate degree in STEM and graduate degree, or equivalent in business
- Strong relationship-building skills and experience working closely with senior executives - the ability to develop strong working relationships with other business functions quickly, to operationalize key strategic initiatives.
- Proven leadership ability, both in managing cross org virtual teams as well as with directly managing team members
- Demonstrated hypothesis-driven problem-solving orientation with exceptional ability to create structured quantitative and qualitative analyses.
About Your Location
You will report to the Sr. Director of Strategy and Execution and will be based in our Portland, OR, or Westminster, CO office. We are open to a hybrid model for local candidates, and 100% remote work for the exceptional candidate living outside of the Portland or Westminster areas.
In a hybrid role, you will work with your manager to establish a mutually agreeable schedule for your time working in the office based on the position and the business need. Typically hybrid positions are 1-3 days per week, or 20%-60% of the month in the office.
About Our Trimble Viewpoint Division
Trimble Viewpoint construction software solutions, part of Trimble Connected Construction, allow contractors to better manage their projects, processes and people, using the data gathered to lower risk and improve margins. With more than 40 percent of the ENR 400 on our platforms, Trimble Viewpoint innovations are transforming the construction industry by connecting operations across financial and HR systems, project management tools and mobile field solutions.
Trimble’s Inclusiveness Commitment
We believe in celebrating our differences. That is why our diversity is our strength. To us, that means actively participating in opportunities to be inclusive. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion have guided our current success while also moving our desire to improve. We actively seek to add members to our community who represent our customers and the places we live and work.
We have programs in place to make sure our people are seen, heard, and welcomed and most importantly that they know they belong, no matter who they are or where they are coming from.