Faire is an online wholesale marketplace built on the belief that the future of retail is local. There are over 1M independent retailers in the U.S. and Canada doing more than twice the revenue of Walmart and Amazon combined. At Faire, we're using the power of technology and data to connect a growing community of over 150,000 brands and independent retailers around the world. Picture your favorite boutique in town — we help them discover the best products to sell in their stores. By empowering entrepreneurs with the right tools and insights, we believe that we can level the playing field so that small businesses can compete with big box and e-commerce giants. We’re looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement. If you believe in community, come join ours.
About this role
This is an opportunity to be one of the first members of Faire’s core strategy team. You will help answer Faire’s most important and ambiguous strategic questions, including assessing major new product extensions, new categories, international expansion, and the evolution of Faire’s business and monetization model.
What you’ll do
- Break down complex and ambiguous questions with a mix of analytical rigor, customer insight, and input from internal and external experts
- Present your recommendations and debate their implications with Faire’s executive team
- Work closely with the product, analytics, marketing, finance, and ops teams to translate recommendations into execution
- Build the central nervous system at Faire and ensure that insights are accessible to all teams
- Excellent at breaking down unstructured problems and synthesizing many disparate sources of information to deliver simple and thoughtful answers
- Strong business judgement, with ability to think across every dimension of the business
- Executive level communication skills, including the ability to use verbal and written communication to express ideas clearly and succinctly
- Strong analytical problem solving skills and ability to identify and synthesize insights from data
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative consumer and market research techniques
- Ability to operate with a high degree of autonomy and ownership
- Curiosity, low ego, and willingness to learn from a wide range of people
- A Bachelor’s degree and 6+ years of experience across consulting, finance, business operations, product, strategy, or analytics roles
Why you’ll love working at Faire
- **We are entrepreneurs: **Faire is being built for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs. We believe entrepreneurship is a calling and our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. Every member of our team is an owner of the business and taking part in the founding process.
- We are using technology and data to level the playing field: We are leveraging the power of product innovation and machine learning to connect brands and boutiques from all over the world, building a growing community of over 100,000 small business owners.
- We build products our customers love: Everything we do is ultimately in the service of helping our customers grow their business because our goal is to grow the pie - not steal a piece from it. Running a small business is hard work, but using Faire makes it easy.
- We are curious and resourceful: Inquisitive by default, we explore every possibility, test every assumption, and develop creative solutions to the challenges at hand. We lead with curiosity and data in our decision making, and reason from a first principles mentality.
Faire was founded in 2017 by a team of early product and engineering leads from Square. We’re backed by some of the top investors in retail and tech including: Y Combinator, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Forerunner Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, and DST Global. We have headquarters in San Francisco and Kitchener-Waterloo, and a global employee presence across offices in Salt Lake City, Atlanta, Toronto, London and Sao Paulo. To learn more about Faire and our customers, you can read more on our blog.
Faire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.