Specialty/Competency: Deal Strategy
Industry/Sector: Not Applicable
Time Type: Full time
Travel Requirements: Up to 40%
A career in our Deals Strategy practice, within Deals Transaction Services, will provide you the opportunity to help organisations realise the potential of mergers, acquisitions and divestitures and capital markets. In short, we help some of the world’s leading companies originate, create, execute, and realise value from deals. Through data driven insights we help our clients move in the right direction ensuring maximum value for their company. Our team helps companies navigate the accounting and financial reporting challenges of business combinations. As part of the team, you’ll develop roadmaps of the driving economic objectives, determine the appropriate professionals needed, and consider financial reporting implications for deals.
Specific Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To
As a Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution.
- Full ownership to deliver a high-quality report or entire document at pace from a team of 3-5
- Effectively lead hypothesis generation & problem structuring for all workstreams across a variety of business issues
- Learn the fundamentals of new businesses / sectors quickly without guidance
- Effectively frame arguments and decisions at the workstream level and be viewed as a credible advisor at the client working team level
- Coach teams to effectively lead expert interviews and to build robust, flexible models with guidance while coaches others on analytical / modeling techniques
- Establish effective working relationships directly with clients
- Contribute to the development of your own and team’s technical acumen
- Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues
- Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
- Continue to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand
- Communicate confidently in a clear, concise and articulate manner - verbally and in written form
- Embrace diverse perspectives and welcome opposing and conflicting ideas
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required
Required Fields Of Study
Accounting, Finance, Engineering, Economics, Data Processing/Analytics/Science, Computer and Information Science
Additional Educational Requirements
Other relevant fields of study may be considered
Minimum Years Of Experience
Preferred Fields Of Study
Accounting, Finance, Economics, Engineering, Business Administration/Management
Demonstrates extensive knowledge of, and/or proven record of success in, commercial due diligence or corporate strategy roles, preferably for a global network of professional services firms, private equity or corporate organizations, emphasizing the following:
- Understanding various facets of mergers, integrations, spin-offs and/or divestiture transactions, including options analyses and recommendations; and,
- Assisting clients with strategic planning and business reviews; growth, market entry and international expansion; and market opportunity sizing.
Demonstrates Extensive Abilities, And/or Proven Record Of Success With, Managing And Developing Strategic Client Relationships While Providing The Highest Quality Client Work Across Multiple Client Projects, Preferably For a Global Network Of Professional Services Firms, Private Equity Or Corporate Organizations, Emphasizing The Following
- Building solid and collaborative relationships with team members and fostering a productive teamwork environment;
- Taking an active role in new business development and pursuit activities, including client lead maturation, proposal development, and closing new business opportunities;
- Delivering significant business results that reflect strategic and creative thinking and individual initiative;
- Managing complex projects while functioning as a trusted advisor at the highest levels of client organizations;
- Identifying and addressing client needs: building, maintaining, and utilizing networks of client relationships;
- Conducting quantitative and qualitative analyses of complex data, including Market and competitor analysis (market sizing, drivers and dynamics), customer analysis and internal analysis (strategic analysis, business model reviews, and financials);
- Developing high-yield work plans: prioritizing issues that drive the answer, developing creative ways to prove or disprove hypotheses, estimating time and resourcing required for work modules;
- Managing multi-resource engagements: using work plans to manage day-to-day execution, removing roadblocks, proactively asking for help, effectively communicating up, down and laterally;
- Improving work processes: proactively finding standard-setting for engagement execution, codifying and sharing new insights;
- Providing direction, coaching and guidance to staff;
- Writing, communicating, facilitating, and presenting cogently; to and/or for all levels of audiences, clients and internal staff and management;
- Synthesizing issues for leadership team;
- Managing project workstreams and developing proposals, deliverables and reports using the Microsoft suite of applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint;
- Multi-tasking and balancing time effectively, keeping a rapid pace without sacrificing quality; and,
- Understanding advanced analytics and big data is preferred
At PwC, our work model includes three ways of working: virtual, in-person, and flex (a hybrid of in-person and virtual). Visit the following link to learn more: https://pwc.to/ways-we-work.
PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy: https://pwc.to/H-1B-Lottery-Policy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For positions in Colorado, visit the following link for information related to Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act: https://pwc.to/coloradoadvisorymanager.
For positions in New York City, visit the following link for pay range information: https://pwc.to/payrange-a-advisorymanager