As part of our Business Operations (BizOps) practice, this role is focused on identifying high-impact business opportunities for BentoBox by leveraging quantitative analytics, business strategy, and creative problem solving. Responsibilities include a mix of reactive strategic support and proactive problem solving. This role reports to the head of Strategy & Analytics and will have high visibility to the C-suite.
The right candidate will be able to operate in a fast-paced environment and add structure to ambiguity in order to create value. You know how to decompose a broad, vague problem into discrete, quantifiable, action-oriented analyses. You have the expertise to execute analyses independently using modern BI and analytics tools. You can think strategically and have a meticulous eye for detail. You are comfortable working cross-functionally and building strong relationships to drive change and influence without authority.
- Quantitatively define ambiguous problems, place them in strategic context, and structure appropriate analysis frameworks
- Generate deep insights using analytics and data science
- Synthesize actionable insights from quantitative analysis, qualitative research, and stakeholder feedback
- Drive measurable business impact through strategic implementation of analytics
- Manage cross-functional strategic projects from end-to-end, ensuring efforts are appropriately prioritized and using data to evaluate and enhance project efficacy
- Work collaboratively and cross-functionally to present insights and recommendations executives and support front-line decision makers with detailed data analysis
- Provide analytics support and quantitative expertise across business functions
- Flex and adapt as the organizations’ needs and priorities shift; be willing to play multiple roles to support project execution and enablement
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis on coursework of a quantitative nature (e.g. finance, economics, mathematics, engineering, computer science, physical sciences, or other relevant fields)
- Demonstrated track record of creating business impact by leveraging quantitative analytics
- Exceptional ability to add structure to ambiguous problems and logically structure a business case based on data-driven insights
- Experience with SQL and common BI tools, e.g., Tableau, Qlik, Looker, PowerBI
- Proficiency in a statistical programming language, particularly R or Python, and its associated data processing, data science, and visualization libraries
- Versatile communication skills and executive presence, able to present complex quantitative conclusions simply to various audiences, from cross-functional meetings to company-all hands
- Creativity and expertise to find good-enough solutions under resource constraints
- 2-5 years experience in a strategic analytics or data science role in a startup or growth-stage tech company, investment banking, private equity, or management consulting
- Masters degree in math, statistics, economics, data science or business (MBA) with a quantitative concentration e.g. business statistics, marketing analytics
- Demonstrated track record of using more advanced analytical techniques e.g. simulation, machine learning, causal inference, as well as the good judgement to know when simpler methods are appropriate
What We Offer
- Competitive salary + equity
- Health insurance (medical, dental, and vision) - BentoBox covers 100% of healthcare premium costs
- 401k plan with company match
- Life insurance and disability plans
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible vacation plan
- Paid parental leave
- Professional development opportunities, including a yearly learning stipend
- Perks when dining with BentoBox customers such as tip reimbursement
- Making a positive impact on the hospitality community
BentoBox is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
BentoBox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.