Rupa links practitioners to laboratories that run tests to help them diagnose and treat patients. We're looking for a collaborative strategic thinker to help us expand, deepen, and streamline the ways we work with our lab provider partners.
You'll be in charge of all pieces of our relationships with our partner labs. You'll take over this role from our CEO and will be working very closely with her. This includes:
- Discovering and evaluating new lab companies for the Rupa Labs portal
- Building onboarding processes for new labs
- Negotiating pricing and other features with labs
- Putting contracts in place
- Managing the relationship as the point of contact
- Delighting our lab partners and building strong connections
- Working with our product & product ops team to get them what they need from the labs
We’re a close-knit, scrappy, and hardworking small team, and that means we’re looking for talented relationship-builders who can offer more than just customer support or process management. You’ll work closely with the founding team to iterate on the Rupa Labs portal and the ways we work with labs to surprise and delight practitioners and patients alike. There’s a lot of unexplored territory in this space, and we’ll be relying on your ingenuity and problem-solving skills to come up with novel solutions that can help us deliver more value more efficiently for everyone in our ecosystem. We’ll also be looking for you to provide your thoughts on the product direction and company strategy.
What we're looking for
- At least 5-7 years of business development, partnerships, account management, or channel partnerships experience. You have a strong passion for building successful strategic partnerships and product integrations.
- Strong negotiation and relationship building skills. You know how to build win, win, win situations and craft the right story for any situation. You're personable and aren't afraid to dive into tough conversations.
- Experience developing partnership agreements and putting them in place
- Experience working in other early-stage tech startups. Bonus points if you’ve been a founder!
- Exceptional communication skills: this role, by its nature, is cross-functional and you'll spend a lot of time working with both external and internal (product, operations, design, engineering) counterparts.
- Detail-oriented: you're working with products and processes as much as you are with people, and if you don't get the little things right it's like a rock in your shoe. If you sweat the minor stuff, you'll be rewarded!
- Ability to take ambiguous problems, break them down, and solve them without every aspect being laid out for you.
- Data proficient: data helps us understand if we're moving in the right direction, so you should be able to not just get data but define what metrics matter and, more importantly, which ones don't
- Growth mindset: this is a fast-moving, early-stage company and we adapt our priorities to resource constraints and market needs. You'll need to be open to learning new things, getting things wrong in smart ways, and rapidly iterating.
- A passion for functional medicine and creating the infrastructure for the future of healthcare.