Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
Visa is looking for an accomplished Senior Product Manager with a passion for innovating and shaping the next generation of payment products.
This team is focused on bringing to market a new, exciting Visa service with global reach, compelling consumer experience, novel platform features, and strategic importance to Visa.
As a Product Owner for this new service, this role will focus on defining and executing the product roadmap for this new service. As an experienced product leader, the Senior Product Manager, will work closely with Technology, Network Processing, Product Delivery and Regional teams to prioritize, solution, develop and implement key product features and ultimately bring to market successful products. The Senior Product Manager will lead product feature roadmap execution - including prioritization, solutioning, development of precise requirements, acceptance criteria and oversight of execution/development of the product.
- Shape product direction: Understand trends, competitive landscape, market and client needs which shape direction of the roadmap and align strategic product direction
- Socialize, communicate/articulate product roadmap, product positioning, market differentiation, value proposition and benefits in ways that resonate with key audiences, use-cases and markets
- Define and prioritize roadmap: as a Product Owner, define and prioritize product strategy and roadmap to drive success
- Establish precise product requirements: define comprehensive and precise products requirements for key features which meet client and markets needs and work in conjunction with other Visa products and solutions
- Conduct grooming sessions: Drive collaboration and in-depth understand on product requirements with cross-functional product, design and technology teams
- Define acceptance criteria for requirements, work with Processing and Technology on conceptual architecture flows and development of features
- Product/feature solutioning: Leverage in-depth knowledge of Visa’s capabilities and ability to apply them to clients’ business challenges in order to develop creative solutions for complex use-cases and problems
- Define and monitor key product success metrics and operational targets
- Drive alignment with Technology, Global Processing, other Product Owners, Design, Marketing, Product Delivery, Technology, Sales and Regional teams to communicate product strategy and deliver on the product’s roadmap
- Define non-technical elements critical to product success, such as rules, user experience, commercial enablement assets, pricing, branding, and GTM plans
- Work with regional and global client-facing teams to ensure market and ecosystem readiness for deployment at scale
- Create business cases and models using Visa data and external research to support the development of new products, services, solutions, and features, conduct revenue potential and pricing analysis
- Provide thought leadership in strategy & planning, content & messaging, and measurement & analysis areas
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 2-3 set days a week (determined by leadership/site), with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% or more of the time based on business needs.
- 8 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor Degree or at least 5 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 2 years of work experience with a PhD
- Deep product management experience with core network payment solutions, spanning product strategy, technical product management, feature development, enablement and commercialization of new payment products
- 9 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor Degree or at least 5 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 2 years of work experience with a PhD
- Passion and ability to bring great products to market, ability to work autonomously with ongoing supervision from manager and leadership
- Experience solving complex problems creatively and making complex global prioritization decisions, utilizing analysis, influence, communications, and strategy
- Experience launching complex B2B solutions, developing financial models and business cases
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills to synthesize and communicate complex information effectively
- Experience driving outcomes in heavily matrixed, global and fast-paced environments, ability to lead by influence
- Excellent communication skills, both technical and executive
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
U.S. APPLICANTS ONLY: The estimated salary range for a new hire into this position is 142,300.00 to 185,000.00 USD, which may include potential sales incentive payments (if applicable). Salary may vary depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position may be eligible for bonus and equity. Visa has a comprehensive benefits package for which this position may be eligible that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 (k), FSA/HSA, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Wellness Program.