Sr Director | Chief of Staff
201 Third Street (61049), United States of America, San Francisco, CaliforniaSr. Director, Chief of Staff
Senior Director, Chief of Staff - Artificial Intelligence Foundations (AIF)
The Senior Director, Chief of Staff will support Artificial Intelligence Foundations (AIF) senior leadership. The ideal candidate will be an inspirational people leader with the proven ability to build and enable high performing teams, develop and execute strategy, and tell stories using critical thinking skills. The candidate must be organized and have exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Partner with AIF leadership to create, socialize, and mobilize against its ambitious innovation agenda and enable leadership outcomes, including; KPI monitoring, talent and performance management, associate engagement, etc.
- Build relationships and collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to understand processes and drive results. Connect dots across multiple leaders to understand and aggregate impacts to the business
- Advise leadership utilizing institutional knowledge, industry experience, relationship networks in-and-out of the organization to help amplify the voice of AIF leadership
- Exemplify Capital One’s Values by doing the right thing
- Provide insight to support and drive AIF and EDML culture with a focus on the associate experience
The successful candidate will be:
- A leader of leaders
- A source of positive energy, inspiration, and motivation for the organization
- A self-confident self-starter and strategic thinker
- Able to build strong, trusted relationships and operate in an influential manner with executives to assist in driving the strategic agenda
- A strong facilitator, negotiator, and mediator
- An operator, capable of decomposing a vision into goals and goals into execution plans
- Action oriented, always leaning in and engaging with a positive sense of urgency
- A multi-tasker, able to handle multiple priorities in parallel, and extremely well organized
- Highly collaborative (comfortable partnering with all levels of the organization) while working backwards from intended outcomes
- Experienced at identifying patterns and commonalities that can create a bigger picture out of small pieces, anticipating what’s around the corner
- Proven in practicing discretion while handling highly sensitive issues
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 9 years of experience in Project Management, Process Management, or Program Management
- At least 7 years of people management experience
- At least 3 years of experience managing executive level stakeholders across different business functions
- At least 3 years of experience partnering with engineering or product teams
- Master’s Degree
- 8+ years of people management experience
- 5+ years financial services industry experience
- 5+ years partnering with Software Engineering or product teams
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
New York City (Hybrid On-Site): $272,600 - $311,200 for Sr. Director, Chief of StaffSan Francisco, California (Hybrid On-Site): $288,800 - $329,600 for Sr. Director, Chief of Staff
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate’s offer letter.
This role is also eligible to earn performance based incentive compensation, which may include cash bonus(es) and/or long term incentives (LTI). Incentives could be discretionary or non discretionary depending on the plan.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
This role is expected to accept applications for a minimum of 5 business days.No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).