As a key member of the Business Operations and Strategy team, you’ll drive critical business insights for our Executive Team while partnering with leaders throughout Pinterest to fundamentally improve how we operate as a business. With a combination of exceptional analytical skills, an insatiable curiosity, and an entrepreneurial, “get stuff done” mindset, you’ll help us better understand our Pinners, advertisers, and products, and drive important changes that will shape the future of Pinterest.
What you’ll do:
- Business Analytics & Reporting. Develop a deep understanding of our products and roadmap and how they drive our business to inform important decisions and priorities across the organization. Define critical KPIs and build core operating dashboards to help teams drive operational rigor and manage performance. Be the primary point person with our senior leadership on understanding metrics movements and trends in our business.
- Strategic Initiatives & Special Projects. Tackle key strategic questions and critical business initiatives, and partner with leaders throughout Pinterest to build business cases for potential investments. Present insights and recommendations to senior leadership, and drive the “follow through” of those recommendations to ensure smooth execution with a diverse array of cross-functional partners.
- Strategic Planning. Work with senior leaders to update their strategic priorities and goals on a regular basis. Design and execute our enterprise strategic and operational planning processes, including the adoption and support of OKRs across the company.
What we’re looking for:
- 4+ years of top-tier experience. You’ve been a top performer in an investing, consulting, investment banking, product, and/or other highly analytical role at a fast-growing company; knowledge of the consumer internet and media ecosystem is a plus.
- Exceptional data analysis skills. You’re a true expert in a variety of advanced analytical tools, including Excel, Tableau, and/or SQL (and in areas you’re not, you have the growth mindset to learn it); knowledge of Python and R is a plus.
- Entrepreneurial self-starter. You thrive in a fast-moving, ambiguous environment, and are independently capable of seeking information, corralling resources, and delivering results without waiting for direction.
- Strong communication skills. You can move seamlessly between conversing with engineers or frontline ops employees and leading presentations with senior executives.
- High-energy, positive team player. You have a proven ability to build strong working relationships with business partners; this is a highly cross-functional role, so a low ego and a high instinct for collaboration are musts.