What is Teamshares?
Teamshares is a mission-driven startup that helps small businesses become employee-owned. You can think of us as a hybrid of a software company, an education company, an investment company, and a support network. We are looking for an entrepreneurial business leader who wants to serve as Small Business President/CEO in Vancouver, WA.
As a Small Business President/CEO of a Teamshares network company, you are the critical ingredient to ensuring a successful company transformation to employee ownership and increased profitability. You’ll run a growing business, including owning full P&L responsibility, business strategy, and operations. You will have the opportunity to innovate and support the team to the next level. Additional information.
What You Will Do:
- You will be the president and general manager of the company, replacing a retiring small business owner
- You will be responsible for all business strategy, operations, and P&L management, leading an experienced team of existing employee owners.
- Working with office manager / bookkeeper to make decisions about ongoing expenses and capital purchases, gaining efficiencies, and developing business metrics
- Working with business development / sales team to grow the business through marketing, outreach, and develop new product lines and accounts
- Handling HR personnel matters, staff disputes, employee performance, job reviews, raises, and bonuses
- Analyzing business methods and practices, and implementing change as needed.
- Developing relationships with clients, vendors, and partners
- You will work with Teamshares and employee owners to transition the company to employee ownership, which means coaching and partnering with employee owners to understand how their new company ownership stake can drive better business outcomes and company culture
- You will be a growth leader who can work with employee owners to expand revenue opportunities and improve company operations
What You Have:
- Mission-alignment: Presidents must be excited about employee ownership and the potential for more small business employees to receive financial stakes and leadership responsibilities in their companies
- Demonstrated people leadership skills through past work experiences, including the military, business, or other sectors
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; low-ego
- Advanced project-management and problem-solving skills with a roll-up-the-sleeves, get-it-done attitude
- Business acumen and analytical skills to oversee company financials and develop business strategy, past P&L management and/or MBA degree a plus
- Growth-mindset for yourself and for your teams to explore new opportunities and innovations, while not being afraid to pivot from past decisions
As a President of a Teamshares network company, you will receive:
- Equity stake both in your company and in Teamshares
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Unparalleled business and leadership development training throughout your tenure
Teamshares purchases successful small businesses that fit our guidelines and works with employee owners to place a new President who will lead company strategy, operations, culture, and growth. Teamshares network companies range in size, but generally have 10-20 employee owners with $2M-$5M in annual revenue.
As a Teamshares President, you’re not alone; we’re committed to every employee's growth and professional development. The Teamshares Presidents program offers leadership training, individualized coaching with business experts, a growing education and financial management platform, and a network of President peers across the U.S.
Check out more information here