Senior Strategy Manager
Humana’s Experience Transformation (ET) team was formed to deliver a personalized, seamless and easy experience for our members. This team operates with a mandate to break down traditional silos and design solutions based on how our members seek and receive care, not how business units (BUs) structure themselves. By teaming differently, pioneering agile methodologies, and relentlessly focusing on the consumer, the Experience Strategy team seeks to deliver on this promise for all our members.
The Experience Strategy team supports this consumer-centric operating model from the moment a member learns about Humana through their term as a member in our care. This team consists of strategy leaders dedicated to supporting a cross-functional teams of design strategists, technologists and operators. This team combines classical strategy methodologies with a pragmatic operational “get-it-done” approach alongside several impacted business areas, including clinical services, sales, marketing, IT/technology, and customer service.
The Sr Strategy Manager is responsible for driving innovation in the Prospect experience. This role will influence which opportunities to pursue and how business, product and ops teams develop new assets and services. To do this, they will liaise with key business partners across Marketing, Sales, Retail Strategy to translate and integrate business strategies into experience concepts alongside other disciplines of the Experience Transformation team (i.e., Design, BI, Process). In partnership with the broader Strategy team, this role will develop best-in-class approaches to valuing and prioritizing the innovation portfolio and identifying industry trends & opportunities for improvement.
What You Will Do:
- Develop best-in-class approaches to valuation, prioritization, KPI cataloguing and market landscaping
- Identify consumer opportunity spaces based on industry & competitor dynamics and internal priorities
- Partner with Customer Journey teams & Business Intelligence team to assess value of new tests or recently launched initiatives
- Develop communications for MT, Board and Retail leadership to resolve key questions (including prioritization and organization decisions) concerning Humana’s consumer experience strategy
Example Projects [for each responsibility above]:
- Partner with Design team and Marketpoint to “up-frame” multi-year GTM strategy to allow for discovery of new experience concepts and layer on segmentation
- Establish playbook for valuing and prioritizing opportunity spaces by understanding retention drivers, influencing the development of a centralized scorecard
- Develop quantitative business case, perform benchmarking, competitor and/or SWOT analysis for refreshed Transportation benefit experience
- Bachelor’s degree with outstanding academic credentials
- 2-4 years prior experience at top tier consulting firm such as BCG, McKinsey or Bain in a position as Associate, Consultant
- Highly collaborative, flexible, team-oriented working style
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to perform complex qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities
- Reside in Central or Eastern time zone
- Prior healthcare industry experience, preferably in the managed care or provider sector
Position is open to working remote with the ability to work within Eastern Standard Time (EST) or Central Time Zones (CST)
- WAH requirements: Must have the ability to provide a high speed DSL or cable modem for a home office. Associates or contractors who live and work from home in the state of California will be provided payment for their internet expense.
- A minimum standard speed for optimal performance of 25x10 (25mpbs download x 10mpbs upload) is required.
- Satellite and Wireless Internet service is NOT allowed for this role.
- A dedicated space lacking ongoing interruptions to protect member PHI / HIPAA information
Humana and its subsidiaries require vaccinated associates who work outside of their home to submit proof of vaccination, including COVID-19 boosters. Associates who remain unvaccinated must either undergo weekly negative COVID testing OR wear a mask at all times while in a Humana facility or while working in the field.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
New York City Pay Range
The compensation range represents a good-faith estimate of starting pay at the time of posting and may vary based on geographic location and/or employment type. Individual pay decisions will vary based on demonstrated job-related skills such as education, experience, certifications, etc.
$135,000 - $185,775
This job is eligible for a bonus incentive plan. This incentive opportunity is based upon company and/or individual performance.
Description Of Benefits
Humana, Inc. and its affiliated subsidiaries (collectively, “Humana”) offers competitive benefits that support whole-person well-being. Associate benefits are designed to encourage personal wellness and smart healthcare decisions for you and your family while also knowing your life extends outside of work. Among our benefits, Humana provides medical, dental and vision benefits, 401(k) retirement savings plan, time off (including paid time off, company and personal holidays, volunteer time off, paid parental and caregiver leave), short-term and long-term disability, life insurance and many other opportunities.