Drive key strategic decisions via analysis, insight, and collaborative problem-solving.
As a Senior Strategy & Business Operations Manager at Duolingo, you will play a key role in shaping Duolingo’s path towards becoming a sustainable and profitable company. Your responsibilities will include evaluating new markets, shaping strategy for new businesses and product lines, and driving the development of our overall corporate strategy. You will also have the opportunity to take on more operational leadership roles.
We are looking for driven, curious, talented, and kind people to join our team.
Your work will include:
- Market analysis: scoping the breadth and depth of market understanding required to make informed decisions about pursuing new opportunities, rapidly developing the appropriate fact base, and presenting it as actionable insight that drives smart decision-making
- Strategy development: collaborating with cross-functional leaders to combine market understanding, customer insight, and product vision into strategies that drive company value
- Operational leadership: taking on operational leadership of projects as needed, whether building an ops function for a new business line, or managing complex cross-functional efforts to deliver a key business outcomes
- Strong business acumen: ability to approach complex business problems in a structured way and drive rapidly towards insight
- Outstanding research, analysis, and writing skills
- Strong people leadership skills, including a demonstrated ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams and communicate effectively with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders
- Fast, flexible, and outcomes-oriented: able and excited to thrive in an environment with rapid cycles of analysis, decision, and action
- Skills commensurate with a bachelor’s degree or higher in Business, Finance, Economics, or related field and 5+ years of professional experience
Exceptional candidates will have
- Experience in a strategy function or in strategy consulting
- Strong knowledge of the consumer tech industry (education experience also a plus)
- Experience leading cross functional projects in a high-growth environment