Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Our new progressive work model is called PinFlex, a term that’s uniquely Pinterest to describe our flexible approach to living and working. Visit our PinFlex landing page to learn more.
The Sales Strategy & Operations (SS&O) team partners with advertising sales leaders across sales strategy, analytics and operations. Team members are experts in business strategy and operations and are analytical and strategic thinking. They are pragmatic and results-oriented.
As a Sales Strategy & Operations Senior Manager, you’ll contribute to the development of global sales strategy with actionable business analysis and insights. You’ll be responsible for monitoring key business metrics to drive accountability as well as surface risks and opportunities to senior sales leadership to drive revenue growth.
What You’ll Do
- Analyze and determine insights from key business drivers, trends and operating metrics in relation to goal/OKR setting for the global sales org priorities. Translate data into insights and action, and communicate recommendations to senior sales leadership and the broader organization.
- Drive and continuously improve the OKR-setting process for global sales org with input from sales leadership; monitor and report out on progress against OKRs on an ongoing basis.
- Work cross-functionally with teams including Sales Finance, BizOps, Product & Marketing to align their priorities with sales team strategies/OKRs.
- Leverage large amounts of structured data to understand how our customers interact with our product and service offerings.
- Proactively identify and redefine processes and systems that improve and scale our business.
- Support company-level strategy-setting and planning efforts.
What We’re Looking For
- PinFlex estimated in-office frequency (e.g. Our PinFlex future of work philosophy requires this role to visit a Pinterest office for collaboration approximately 1x per quarter). For employees not located within a commutable distance from this in-office touchpoint, Pinterest will cover T&E. Learn more about PinFlex here.)
- 7+ years of professional experience in strategy & operations in highly analytical environments such as management consulting, investment banking, corporate strategy or technology/media companies.
- A strong track record of identifying key questions, connecting the dots, performing analyses independently, and communicating findings in a clear and concise way.
- Must have strong data analytics skills, including Excel & SQL. Knowledge of data visualization tools such as Tableau is a plus.
- Strong track record of collaborating with cross-functional teams and driving alignment across teams and senior stakeholders.
- Proven ability to drive impact in a complex, fast-paced environment.
- Organized, detail-oriented and strategically focused.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of sales and digital advertising platforms and working knowledge of sales systems and tools is a plus.
Our Commitment To Diversity
At Pinterest, our mission is to bring everyone the inspiration to create a life they love—and that includes our employees. We’re taking on the most exciting challenges of our working lives, and we succeed with a team that represents an inclusive and diverse set of identities and backgrounds.