Guru is seeking a tenured Biz Ops & Analytics leader who can combine analytical, operational, and strategic expertise to lead the “connective tissue” known as Biz Ops/Analytics and improve our decision making as we continue to scale.
This job is not only about how well you handle our Business operations and analytics; it’s about how you lend your positivity and presence, combined with your skillset to an energized environment and highly collaborative team. Strong sense of humor required, sarcasm detection skills a plus.
The Biz Ops & Analytics team has a broad mandate, including:
- Financial & strategic planning: across what is typically FP&A / Sales Ops / CS Ops / parts of Mktg Ops including traditional financial planning, headcount planning, territory management/customer segmentation, top-line forecasting
- Analytics: using SQL and BI tools to tackle the highest priority analyses for business partners
- **Performance management & owner of the operating cadence: **create the dashboards/management reporting and key metrics/KPIs for each respective function and integrate it into the overall financial / operating performance of the company
- Execution: traditional corporate strategy functions create recommendations but are not involved in execution. Each of the functional business partners that report to you will be mini-COO/CFOs that create insights, drive to a conclusive recommendation, and help execute on it in partnership with their functional business partners and systems teams
- 7-15 years in Consulting, Banking, and/or Corp Strategy/Biz Ops roles in Tech
- Several years of managing highly technical analysts (where SQL knowledge & financial knowledge are baseline expectations) that have grown into senior roles or gone into functional roles thereafter
- High IQ and EQ: This role requires extremely high analytical capacity on the fly while also being aware of your audience and communications/recommendations
- Grit + Highly Inquisitive/Curious: You want to know the “why” for everything. This team will constantly answer “why”. Why are certain things happening in the business? Is it good? Is it bad? This will require quiet due diligence, several iterations of analyses and conversations, and eventually a recommendation. This will require the grit to get your hands dirty in analyses that may not prove to be valuable in the pursuit of “why”
- Visionary Leadership: BizOps is a new organization that needs to prove itself. It will also be a centralized training ground for analytical talent at Guru that eventually can move into the business. Your ability to inspire, motivate, and challenge the team to continuously improve the business will be critical
Benefits to you:
- Competitive salary
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Generous benefits package
- Professional Development & Wellness Allowance
- The chance to contribute to an upbeat, fully engaged culture
Guru is a dynamic, fast growing start-up based in Philadelphia and San Francisco. Our mission is to reinvent the way people connect with meaningful information at work. Guru’s knowledge management solution provides customer-facing teams access to expert-verified information where they work and when they need it most. We believe in cultivating a welcoming, inclusive culture that encourages personal growth through working hard and having fun.
Launched in September 2015, our vision is backed by an amazing group of investors including FirstMark Capital, Salesforce, Michael Dell, the Slack Fund, Emergence Capital, Thrive Capital and Accel. As we enter the next exciting stage of expansion, we're searching for passionate individuals to join our rapidly growing team.
This is a full-time position that can be Remote or based out of our Philadelphia or San Francisco offices. Re-location and/or Visa Sponsorship is not included in our hiring package. Applicants will need to be authorized to work in the US.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. All are welcome here. At Guru, being inclusive is very important to us. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identification, veteran status or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.