Senior Director, Chief of Staff
HubSpot, the #1 customer relationship management (CRM) platform for scaling companies is looking for a highly strategic, operational, analytical and customer-obsessed leader to partner with our Chief Customer Officer and Flywheel (GTM) leadership team. The Chief of Staff is a critical member of our Flywheel (GTM) leadership team who is responsible for enabling a frictionless operation that helps the team achieve its short and long-term strategic goals. In the Chief of Staff role, you’ll be a strategic thought partner to our Chief Customer Officer (CCO) and Flywheel Leadership. You’ll execute the Flywheel leadership operating system to ensure close alignment across the team. You will build a deep understanding of HubSpot’s business model and customers as well as strong partnership with Flywheel leadership. Together you will deliver on the strategic goals we set as an ever-changing and evolving company. This is a business critical role as we continue to scale.
In this role you’ll get to:
- Drive strategic projects that can have impact on Flywheel. This will mean you will help identify and contribute to the planning and execution of strategic special projects.
- Direct the CCO and Flywheel Staff operating system by leading cross-functional meetings, partnering with leaders to build and refine the way we report on progress, rethinking the metrics we use to define success, and ensuring it is adaptable to increasing growth and complexity.
- Assist the CCO and Flywheel Staff with managing information flow and leading the analysis, decision-making, communication, and tracking of key projects and initiatives
- Develop and manage ongoing communications and follow-ups with the Board of Directors, customers, partners, and employees.
- Own the execution and outcomes of key leadership meetings by managing agendas, developing decks, delivering pre-reads, and ensuring clear action items post-meeting.
- Manage prioritization of cross-functional projects and initiatives to ensure continued focus on HubSpot’s long-term strategy and vision.
- Develop a deep understanding and connection to HubSpot’s customers and partners and continuously keep their experience top of mind for Flywheel leadership.
- Proactively collect cross-functional insights to anticipate and quickly address problems.
We are looking for a leader who:
- Has a successful track record in a chief of staff, commercial strategy or operations role, with proven ability in executive-level advising and cross-functional collaboration to drive and create change.
- Exhibits deep understanding of high-growth SaaS go-to-markets and is therefore adept at simplifying complexity
- Demonstrates significant attention to detail and is an exceptional project manager, with a proven capacity to lead complex strategic and operational initiatives, cross functionally in an organisation at global scale.
- Effective at balancing both strategy and execution - can think strategically, but can also roll up their sleeves to get things done.
- Cares deeply about customer-centricity and our mission of helping millions of organizations grow better.
- Is deeply analytical, comfortable navigating data and working in ambiguity.
- Exemplary communication and relationship building skills at all levels from senior executives to Individual Contributors.
- An MBA would be advantageous but is not an essential requirement. This position can be based in Cambridge, Massachusetts or remote across North America. We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply — we’d love to hear from you.
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work through. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you. You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #4 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2021, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more. Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.