Who We Are
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our 2+ million members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront.
We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
Business Operations helps the business grow faster and operate more efficiently. We’re seeking a Sr. Director of Business Operations to support SoFi’s Money, Invest, Credit team (MIC) in delivering the next phase of SoFi’s growth. You will be the trusted partner for the Executive Vice President and her leadership team to define strategy, then drive efficient and scalable execution. This is your opportunity to showcase a breadth of strengths: strategy, analysis, financial modeling, problem-solving, performance management, cross-functional project management, and more.
What You’ll Do
- Assess strategic growth opportunities in collaboration with the business unit and the cross functional leadership
- Take complete ownership of projects and initiatives, carefully managing business case, scope, dependencies and milestones
- Help drive accountability throughout an organization by setting up operating cadence/rhythm that bridge strategy, execution, and performance management (e.g. OKRs, business reviews)
- Actively participate in BU’s long-term and short-term strategy, priorities and goals, while ensuring that they seamlessly integrate with SoFi’s full suite of consumer products
- Manage a small team of who support Business Units within MIC
- Coordinate with BizOps counterparts in other business units and functions on production and delivery of company-wide standardized processes such as quarterly planning and board deck preparation
- Perform ad-hoc activities as requested by the Business Unit Leads
What You’ll Need
- 10+ years of experience leading cross-functional teams that combines strategic thinking with tactical execution,
- Passion to learn, grow our business, and support our mission of helping members get their money right
- Ability to break down challenges/opportunities, build a strategy, write an action plan, identify resources, and project-manage to completion
- Use data to drive strategy, execution, and optimization
- High EQ to build relationships across all levels, departments, and personality types to lead without direct reporting lines
- Track record of performance in a high growth, dynamic environment
- Bias toward action, strong analytical skills, and solid business judgement
- Eagerness to roll up your sleeves to get things done (even the unglamorous things)
- Expert communication and presentation skills and the confidence to articulate, present and debate your recommendations with anyone
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple work streams for different stakeholders
Nice To Have
- Experience in management consulting, investment banking and/or business operations
- Experience in Fintech
Why You’ll Love Working Here
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Generous vacation and holidays
- Paid parental leave for eligible employees
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs
- Monthly contribution up to $200 to help you pay off your student loans
- Great health & well-being benefits including: telehealth parental support, subsidized gym program
- Employer paid lunch program (except for remote employees)
- Fully stocked kitchen (snacks and drinks)
These benefits are only applicable to full time employees
SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.