See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Senior Business Operations Manager
Who We Are & Why We’re Hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About The Job
The Senior Business Operations Manager will identify opportunities to improve customer retention, starting with understanding data, leading fast-moving strategic priorities and linking initiatives to results. This leader will have a demonstrated track record of excellence in developing post-sales business strategy and operational analysis, influencing executive strategic thinking, project management, and cross-functional teamwork. The role will report to the VP, Global Customer Experience & Customer Success.
In This Role, You’ll
- Collaborate closely with business owners across functions, fully immerse yourself in operational and financial data, draw insight from analysis, and then zoom out to develop compelling, synthesized recommendations.
- Lead the strategic and operational planning process, craft and execute annual planning and forecasting, and drive quarterly business reviews.
- Communicate recommendations to the CSM management team, crystallize final decisions, roll up your sleeves to help drive implementation, and manage the ongoing impact of the recommendations.
- Be willing to engage with data and internal teams to drive real, sustainable impact. Analytical rigor and strategic thinking are a must.
- Focus on continued retention and growth of Twilio’s largest customers. The manager will work closely with Customer Success leadership, Customer Experience, Services Operations, Sales, and Product teams.
- Identify, evaluate, and execute priorities that drive customer retention and have a significant impact on the overall recurring growth of the largest customers.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Experience as a trusted and indispensable business partner to CSM leadership, and has played a critical role in scaling a business to help a large customer base.
- Experience in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment – impactful, adaptable, business-minded and has demonstrated success rapidly testing and learning.
- Data-driven – pragmatic, curious, quickly finding patterns in qualitative and quantitative data.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to distill key takeaways quickly
- Experienced (if not proficient) with: Looker, Tableau, financial modeling.
- Has 10+ years proven experience in GTM operations, Customer Success, Customer Experience, strategy consulting, and/or the software industry.
- Has a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent years' of experience. MBA a bonus.
- Ability to thrive at structured critical thinking, analytical processing, problem-solving, synthesizing ideas, and written and verbal communication.
- Can ruthlessly prioritize strategic priorities and tackle operational challenges.
- Salesforce and Gainsight experience.
This role will be remote in the USA.
Approximately 10% travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic . Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions .
- Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
- If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $109,280 - $150,260.
- Non-Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.