Sense is a diverse, collaborative team tackling one of the most universal challenges in today’s workforce. With a mission to change the way companies engage with talent, we’re creating a better experience for employers, recruiters, and candidates. Your work at Sense will impact millions of people around the globe and will be instrumental in evolving an entire industry. Join us in shaping the workforce of the future!
Founded in 2015, Sense is a high-growth HR Tech SaaS startup with offices in the Bay Area and Bangalore. It has 300+ team members, serves 700+ customers, and has grown 100% year-over-year since launch. We have raised $90M in funding, backed by GV (Google), SoftBank, Accel, and Avataar Ventures.
As a part of the Sense team, you’ll play an active role in shaping and developing our products and processes. Our founders are lifelong entrepreneurs with a history of building, scaling, and successfully exiting large companies. At Sense, your career goals will be supported through active mentorship and learning and development opportunities. We’re an experienced team and looking for great people to add to our team.
BizOps at Sense is a cross-functional team that sits at the intersection of data, operations and strategy. As a centralized team we support all teams at Sense. Our partners and stakeholders rely on us for a data-driven perspective and a consultative partnership. As a Sr. Analyst and member of the team, you will deliver insights that drive decision-making, execution and investments for key initiatives. In this more operations-focused role, success requires analytical savvy, problem-solving sophistication and a dedication to making the highest impact.
- Drive a smooth investment allocation planning process through a deeper understanding of our Go-to-Market team and portfolio and ensuring the right tools and data to create leverage for our PDE organization.
- Partner with our marketing, sales, and customer success leaders to deeply understand the customer journey funnel and its respective dynamics, understand the impact of key initiatives, and forecast business outcomes.
- Explore, evaluate and support new investment opportunities and strategic initiatives
- Partner with team leaders on strategic headcount planning, which can include tracking and presenting team ratios, hiring velocity, internal transfers, and more
- Build and update forecasting models, in coordination with Corporate Finance & Recruiting, around hiring and attrition.
- Work with team leaders to maintain hiring priorities, approve internal headcount changes and manage the backfill approval process.
- Build dashboards (including writing queries, if possible) to track and report on quarterly GTM key performance indicators (KPIs) & measures.
- Identify net-new valuable work and spearhead initiatives to streamline processes and increase efficiency.
- Communicate solutions confidently and effectively across Sense
- Build a consultative relationship across the organization, and meet with strategic partners that align with our highest priorities.
We strive to build a culture that balances our values with high standards of execution. You are someone who can:
- Effectively use Google Sheets for scenario modeling, sensitivity analysis, etc.
- Remain meticulous and detail oriented while working on a variety of projects.
- Understand how to tie workflows to data sets, complex problems and extract insights with frameworks and analyses.
- 2+ years of related work experience at a high-performing tech company (Saas experience preferred)
- Advanced analytical skills (including data modeling) and business insight
- Experience with financial systems (e.g., Recurly, Stripe, Anaplan)
- Ability to build clear and concise models and presentations
- Effective communicator with peers and senior leaders
- Strong project management skills
- Practical experience writing SQL queries and pulling data from relational databases
At Sense, we believe that “We’re changing how companies hire amazing talent” so join us in shaping the workforce of the future!
Our Core Values
- We’re in it together
- We are customer-obsessed
- We’re drama-free
- We look for creative solutions
- We’re true to ourselves
Our commitments to you
- 100% Remote (We do have an office in San Francisco that we use for team off-sites, optional in-office work for our local bay area team, and company events
- Competitive salary that includes equity
- We’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your dependents as well as access to benefits such as Classpass, Calm, Fetch, Ladder, OneMedical, HeadSpace, and PerkSpot
- We provide remote employees with the equipment they need to create a great remote work environment as well as monthly technology reimbursement to cover a portion of your monthly internet and phone costs
- 401K program to help you invest in your future
- Unlimited PTO to promote a healthy work-life harmony
- 100% Paid Parental Leave
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Quarterly Professional Development allowance
- Company Wellness Days (On months without holidays, you are still given a 3-day weekend)
- Virtual team lunches to keep you connected
Sense is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity, inclusion, and belonging are integral to our success, and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, age, or any other basis protected by law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.