Who We Are
At Verkada, we’re rethinking what it means to be physically safe. Designed with simplicity in mind, we currently offer five product lines (video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms and visitor management), which provide seamless visibility through an integrated secure cloud-based software platform. Over 9,700+ organizations worldwide trust Verkada as their physical security layer for easier management, frictionless scalability and cutting-edge innovation. But this is just the beginning. We envision a world in which security systems feel as seamless and modern as the organizations they protect and our enterprise solution becomes a model for not just business security, but public security as well.
As a member of our Sales Strategy and Operations team, you will have an integral role in driving the insights, operations, and strategy that enables Sales to run better, faster, and smarter. Sales Strategy and Operations is an excellent platform to learn how a business really runs. Prior candidates that our leadership team has worked with have gone on to be VPs and COOs of companies.
You will be joining the Sales Strategy and Operations team as a high impact contributor, gaining exposure to a wide variety of challenges, processes, and data that makes the engine of this Sales organization hum. You will lead cross-functional initiatives from ideation to analytics to recommendations to drive impact across the sales organization.
- Serve as the strategy and operations partner with our sales leadership
- Our mandate is to make the sales motion run more effectively, efficiently, and ultimately drive higher bookings at sustainable cost
- This requires a mix of analytical skills, nose for value, operational chops, and communication when operating with significant autonomy in a fast-paced environment
What this role entails:
- Strategy & ops partnership with leadership
- Be the strategy and operational partner with sales leaders
- Help the sales leaders to develop their strategies, as well as the tactics that underpin these strategies
- Partner with sales leaders to operationalize the strategy on a daily basis
- _Workflow improvement: _
- Identify pain points in the sales motion and workflows could be improved
- Scope out solutions and implement directly or serve as a product manager with our team's software engineers on automation solutions
- Analytical asset-building
- Develop analytical tools that help the sales team to sell strategically and better-understand their business
- Scope and execute analytical special projects that help us better understand our business and what drives success. Apply these learnings to drive operational changes in the business
- Be the glue that connects sales reps to the rest of the business
- Understand how the sales team workflows connect with other parts of the business (marketing, product, supply chain, finance, etc.)
- Relay insights from the sales team to other parts of the org, provide the sales perspective to these other stakeholders, and make connections between the sales team and other teams
1. High-impact self-starter: you take initiative to move projects forward and can operate well with little guidance. You’re excited by the possibility of leading cross-functional workstreams and generating buy-in among senior leadership. 2. Raw smarts: we are looking for people who can look at complex problems and solve them start to finish.3. Strong analytical skills: you nerd out about data, can quickly structure analyses to answer key business questions to drive decision-making, and will also have perspectives on building the right data architecture. Excel skills are a must; SQL / Tableau / Looker experience a plus.4. Process and operational thinking: you can tackle a problem independently and quickly iterate to a solution, and then also document it in a way that's easy to understand for all audiences. Previous Salesforce experience is a plus.5. Communication and stakeholder management: you'll need to be able to connect with sales reps and hardware engineers alike to figure out how we build the right processes and workflows to drive efficiency while also giving us the data to measure how we're doing. Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must.6. Flexibility and hustle: you manage change and ambiguity well, and have no problems juggling multiple priorities while executing in a fast-paced environment. You’re comfortable pivoting quickly and often.7. 3+ years of professional experience, ideally in consulting, banking, private equity, corporate strategy, or a startup. Bachelors or masters from a top school preferred.8. Previous Sales, Sales Operations, or Strategy experience is a plus.
Perks & Benefits
1. Generous company paid medical, dental & vision insurance coverage 2. Unlimited paid time off & 11 companywide paid holidays 3. Wellness allowance 4. Commuter benefits 5. Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily 6. Paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada and Parents at Verkada.