Position Title: Project Manager
Position Reports To: Area Manager
The Project Manager is the customer's primary point of contact and m anages the full project lifecycle, from initial project planning phases through completion of construction. Meets with clients, architects, engineers, and other personnel to establish project plans, budgets, and schedules.
- Manages and leads all elements of the project execution project from award to completion, including monitoring project schedules, work assignments, budgets, & manpower expenditures.
- Attend bid meetings/job walk to understand all customer requirements, scope of work, and job site conditions. May estimate work and prepare proposals based on information or work with Estimator .
- Set up project kickoff meeting and contract review with stakeholders. Communicate project requirements and work with the field leadership to define job schedules, work scope, productivity metrics, etc.
- Executes the change order, documenting the change in scope, and capturing the appropriate cost differences including revenue.
- Perform continual project reviews with client, company leadership, internal project staff, contracted parties .
- Establish and maintain communication with the stakeholders and promptly communicate work scope changes and/or issues that may arise to ensure smooth operations through scope of work changes or any issues that may arise.
- Own KPIs and ensure projects are progressing according to budget through project controls.
- Responsible for financial health of the project and providing progress updates.
- Ensure compliance for quality, safety and job executed per customer contract.
- Provide oversight on project invoicing, such as payroll and T&M sheets.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- 5 + years of construction management, oil, and gas, and/or industrial scaffolding services experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, construction management, project management or another related field preferred or equivalent experience in industry.
- PMP or other certifications preferred (not required )
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Ability to manage and lead cross-functional teams.
- Ability to interpret contracts; knowledge and understanding of contract language.
- Deep knowledge in various crafts and technical knowledge.
- Understanding of project finance and accounting.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with craftsmen, leadership, customers.
- Positive, motivating attitude and strong work ethic.
- Ability to measure KPIs and drive productivity
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Financial and business acumen.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to build collaborative relationships.
- Customer/client orientation.
- Ability to identify and seek needed information/research skills.
- Project scheduling skills.
- Project management skills.
Work Conditions / Physical Demands
- Remaining in a stationary position, often standing, or sitting for prolonged periods.
- W ork that includes moving objects up to 40 pounds.
- No adverse environmental conditions expected.
- Frequent travel may be required as needed
For over thirty years, Apache Industrial Services has met the needs of the petrochemical, industrial and energy sectors by providing superior quality, service and long-term value to our customers. Through our commitment to excellence in our work, a purposeful culture of safety, and the dedication and leadership of our expert craftsmen, Apache is a company that is doing it right. With strategic office locations throughout the US and Canada, we are able to provide efficient and reliable services to our wide variety of customers.At the core of Apache is a belief system that we refer to as #ApachePride. This belief permeates everything we do and from the CEO to the new hire employee that started yesterday; We all understand that the success of our business relies heavily on our hard-working men and women in the field.
Equal Opportunity: Apache Industrial Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Recruiting Scams: Please be aware of fraudulent recruiting scams that do not originate from Apache Industrial Services. We will never ask you to pay for employment. Please make sure to use this career page to apply for open positions.