Project and Program Director | Chief of Staff | EMEA Operations
Who are we?
Equinix is the world’s digital infrastructure company®, operating over 250 data centers across the globe. Digital leaders harness Equinix's trusted platform to bring together and interconnect foundational infrastructure at software speed. Equinix enables organizations to access all the right places, partners and possibilities to scale with agility, speed the launch of digital services, deliver world-class experiences and multiply their value, while supporting their sustainability goals.
A career at Equinix means you will collaborate on work that impacts the world and be surrounded by endless opportunities to learn new skills and grow in varied directions. We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment that is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success.
Project and Program Director (Chief of Staff) (EMEA Operations)
This position serves as a trusted advisor to the SVP EMEA Ops and as a partner to the leadership team, to deliver on both short-term objectives and the EMEA Ops strategy. While the role has clearly defined areas of responsibility, it is also fluid and the Chief of Staff requires the ability to dive into any area of Data Center Operations, understand the needs, and facilitate decisions based on leadership direction and priorities. The Chief of Staff is required to understand SVP priorities and ensure the leadership team delivers according to these priorities. The Chief of Staff must have the ability to build the trust necessary to manage sensitive and delicate matters and speak up, step up and offer alternative viewpoints with credibility. An effective candidate will have strong ability to analyse complex information, maintain clarity and hold leaders accountable to agreed deliverables, build deep partnerships, analyse nuanced issues, simplify complexity, strategically communicate, and lead through influence and collaboration.
Leadership Alignment & Effectiveness
- Lead EMEA Operations Leadership Team (EOLT) operating mechanisms, including supporting agenda, actions, and follow-ups; ensure clear action items and accountability after all meetings; follow-up with action owners accordingly
- Act as a confidant and trusted adviser; bringing whole enterprise perspectives without specific organizational agendas, being the “eyes and ears” when the SVP isn’t present and summarising where appropriate
- Focus on maximizing productivity and effectiveness of SVP time, providing foresight and deliverables for upcoming activities, and identifying areas where the leader should direct their focus to drive the most value
- Work closely with the EMEA Ops Communications Lead to ensure alignment on all EMEA Ops comms
- Drive planning and content for off-site meetings for the EOLT and partner with the EMEA Ops Communications Lead for Extended Leadership team off-sites
- Identify and implement, best practices to make time, information, and decision-making more effective for the team
- Maintain ability to see what pressures the organization is facing and raising to the EOLT where appropriate to address
- Lead a wide range of issues, small and large, through to full-circle resolution
- Act in an empowered way to identify areas of misalignment across the EOLT and meet with execs to formulate a plan to seek resolution, knowing when to push back constructively
- Represent EMEA Data Center Ops at the Global Operations Regional Project/Program Leadership forum led by the Global Ops CoS
Strategy, Interlock & Performance
- Support SVP in creating compelling presentations, supported by data, on performance, strategy and change programs, used in executive leadership meetings inside and outside of EMEA Ops
- Support delivery and tracking of strategic enablers assigned to EMEA Ops leadership colleagues and delivery of Global Operations OKRs
- Foster greater use of data and insights to improve EMEA Data Center Ops performance and customer delivery
- Lead fostering a one-team high performance improvement culture that challenges the status-quo in the region and driving faster decision making
- Serve as liaison for Global Ops initiatives spanning multiple regions. Identify appropriate regional members to participate when needed and accountable to ensure completion
- Lead preparation and delivery of performance and metric reporting to Global Ops
- Evaluate and shape critical issues and/or opportunities to improve performance and optimisation determined and prioritized by the EOLT, through simplification, automation and reduction in duplication
- The ability to navigate complexity and filter what is important to create compelling communications and recommendations
- The ability to maintain clarity on deliverables and ensure timely delivery from EMEA Ops leaders and team members to support SVP objectives and business reviews
- Ability to navigate through ambiguity and be resourceful
- The ability to anticipate problems, drive balanced perspectives, motivate and empower others to help ensure successful outcomes
- Displays openness to new ideas and perspectives, with the ability to be creative and comfortable taking risks
- Operate with a high level of integrity and discretion including matters of people, legal proceedings, acquisitions, and financial forecasts
- Ideally have a good understanding of the marketplace, competitors, customers and technology to opine on what is required to sustain operational excellence and results
- Experience managing multiple complex programs and leading change initiatives in a highly dynamic and fluid environment, to achieve operational excellence
- Strategic thinker and ability to set a vision as well as process information to formulate effective strategies and initiatives that have a positive impact and achieve the end state
- Proven ability to ask the difficult questions by creating a safe environment to ensure that projects and investments have true impact
- Strong intuition to understand SVP leadership objectives, priorities and leadership culture of operational excellence and maturity as we seek to grow EMEA Ops organisation
- Collaborative mindset with the ability to build strong cross-functional relationships to influence and align others. Demonstrated meeting facilitation capabilities and ability to guide teams to effective decision-making
Equinix is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals, including those with a disability. If you are a qualified candidate and need assistance or an accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Equinix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and, in the U.S., an Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to unlawful consideration of race, color, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, place of birth, citizenship, sex, pregnancy / childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic partnership status, age, veteran or military status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, political / organizational affiliation, status as a victim or family member of a victim of crime or abuse, or any other status protected by applicable law.