Program Manager | Operations
Working at Atlassian
Atlassians can choose where they work – whether in an office, from home, or a combination of the two. That way, Atlassians have more control over supporting their family, personal goals, and other priorities. We can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
This is a remote position. To help our teams work together effectively, this role requires you to be located in the Pacific Standard Timezone.
Your future team
We are seeking a results-driven Program Manager to join the CTO Strategic Initiatives team focused on workforce planning and execution. As a key member of this dynamic and forward-thinking group, you will be responsible for cyclical workforce planning activities, including collaborating with various team members, partners, SMEs and managers. We need your passion to build a world-class organization and work environment through driving workforce planning activities and coordinating with stakeholders to deliver key projects
At Atlassian, we strive to design equitable, explainable, and competitive compensation programs. To support this goal, the baseline of our range is higher than that of the typical market range, but in turn we expect to hire most candidates near this baseline. Base pay within the range is ultimately determined by a candidate's skills, expertise, or experience. In the United States, we have three geographic pay zones. For this role, our current base pay ranges for new hires in each zone are:
Zone A: $114,300 - $152,300
Zone B: $102,800 - $137,100
Zone C: $94,800 - $126,400
This role may also be eligible for benefits, bonuses, commissions, and equity.
Please visit go.atlassian.com/payzones for more information on which locations are included in each of our geographic pay zones. However, please confirm the zone for your specific location with your recruiter.
- Execute on cyclical workforce planning programs with a focus driving clarity and efficiency for the CTO organization
- Work with data infrastructure, tooling and process teams to triage data-quality issues and drive long term improvement
- Approach and execute ad-hoc data requests creatively, identifying root cause needs and determine when discrete needs should be regular reports or dashboards
- Apply a structured methodology and lead change management activities. Leverage change management methodologies, process and tools to support adoption of the changes across work streams.
- Proactively managing project risks, issues, and dependencies and reporting the project status to the stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate initiative and strong attention to detail
- Attention to detail and commitment to data accuracy especially in times of rapid turn-around needs
- Demonstrate judgment and discretion when dealing with highly sensitive people data
- Minimum 5+ years in workforce planning, data analyst, or similar role
- Experience with data management, specifically with validating and auditing data and reports from multiple systems
- Excellent communication skills with the prowess to explain business problems, concepts and issues to a varied audience.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining careful attention to detail.
- Possess flexibility and have a history of delivering results in a fast-paced and highly ambiguous work environment.
- Proactive and does not need to be asked to execute certain tasks, understands the problem at hand and what needs to be done and can autonomously take the right action.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.