At Uber, we pride ourselves on the amazing team we've built. We're seeking a Program Manager on our Business Operations team supporting Uber's Chief Legal Officer (CLO). Our goal is to ensure that we are maximizing our investment in the team, outside counsel, and innovative technologies.
This is a unique opportunity to work with the Legal, Compliance, and Trust & Security teams to help drive efficiency and operational excellence on Uber's path to profitability. This is a financial program management role as an individual contributor supporting multiple stakeholders. This role will be based in San Francisco, CA.
What the Candidate Will Do
- Strategically help CLO Leadership with managing all aspects of costs
- Manage stakeholder expectations regarding financial processes & planning
- Provide analyses to drive actionable insights
- Be the lead expert in drivers of cost in each department and ability to flag large risks and opportunities
- Perform monthly spend performance analytics (Actual vs. Budget) and reporting to drive internal stakeholder accountability
- Identify key drivers of variances and recommend corrective actions
- Collaborate cross functionally with internal or external teams to improve existing processes or drive new processes and/or projects
- Manage adherence to the monthly close processes
- Validate or advise on monthly accrual submissions
- Develop or enhance financial models
- A minimum of 2 years experience in Financial Planning, Data Analysis, Operations or similar field
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Data Analysis, Operations, Supply Chain, or similar field
- Strategic problem solver that is always looking to improve with feedback
- Able to prioritize deliverables or projects in deadline-driven situations
- Able to set clear expectations with partners, collaborate efficiently with multiple teams, and work independently to get the job done, no matter how big or small the project
- Able to clearly communicate purpose or deliverables in meetings with clear agenda
- Able to present to executive or non-executive audiences key takeaways
- Advanced in MacOS/Windows, Microsoft Office, and Google Suite (Sheets, Slides, Drive, and Mail)
- Advanced user in Excel/GSheets involving: formulas use, financial modeling, and experience in creating new models as well as enhancing existing models.
- Advanced understanding of GAAP Accounting Principles and Procure-to-Pay process
- Advanced understanding of Accrual accounting
- Ability to quickly grasp, manage, and summarize complex or large data sets
- Experience with Coupa, Oracle, or similar ERP Systems
- Highly motivated, efficient, organized, and laser-focused on the detail
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.