Product Excellence | Chief of Staff | Digital Customer Experience
Job Requisition ID #
With Autodesk software, you have the power to Make Anything. The future of making is here, bringing with it radical changes in the way things are designed, made, and used. It's changing every industry: architecture, engineering, and construction; manufacturing; and media and entertainment. With the right knowledge and tools, this change is your opportunity. Our software is used by everyone - from design professionals, engineers and architects to digital artists, students and hobbyists. We constantly explore new ways to integrate all dimensions of our employees, customers, partners, and communities. Our ultimate goal is to expand opportunities for anyone to imagine, design, and make a better world.
We're in the midst of a transformation and growth journey to reimagine how we engage with customers as they design and make the world around us. If you thrive in a collaborative and high impact environment, we would like to meet you.
You will report to the Vice President of Digital Experience Product Management. This role can be based in San Francisco, CA, in a hybrid capacity. Our team looks across the customer lifecycle and helps customers discover, buy, and use Autodesk products through engaging digital experiences. Our digital customer experience is in an exciting transition to a consolidated experience for all customers and all products. You will ensure the product team that delivers this experience operates at scale.
You will help our team to build a healthy organization by designing and improving operational models. You will help us partner across organizations and help us mature our product management practice. You bring expertise in how to run great product teams and are excited to create that at scale. You will be a member of the product leadership team and serve as an advisor and enabler of the success of the team.
- Manage executive meetings/workshops: This can include formulating topics, building and advising agendas, guiding the discussion, bringing together action items, and following up
- Design and guide strategic meetings & workshops: This could include team building sessions, organizational reviews, strategy discussions, and other topics for team meetings
- Frame problems and find structures and models that help people better understand the problem and trade-offs
- Promote team effectiveness and programs: i.e. Business processes to streamline product development; Annual planning and strategic visioning; Product tooling and best practices for road-mapping, prototyping
- Practice best practices for product releases ensuring a comprehensive view of our impact is understandable by leaders and partner teams
- Be a trusted counsel' to the executive and senior leaders: Provide insight on our operations, important decisions and other teams and represent the executive in certain meetings.
- Be a partner with other departments relevant to the team, including Engineering, Design, Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success
- Manage communications to the internal team and to the wider Autodesk organization
- Develop and support presentation content for the Vice President, Digital Customer Experience, Product . This can include presentations for executive meetings and content for the product team leaders to use
- Promote a spirit of collaboration and open communications: Work with teams to complete organizational goals and engender trust, including work with other Chiefs of Staff across the company, sharing and developing best practices
- 8+ years of expertise leading product or programs across teams or organizations
- Experience working with Product, Design, and Engineering teams and helping them work together effectively
- Experience building and galvanizing teams
- Experience distilling complex issues into structured frameworks and concrete action plans
- Strong program management skills and coordinate across teams and accomplish key deliverables
- Influence across multiple levels including executive leadership team, peers, managers, and junior staff
- Background in product management, engineering, or a related field
The Ideal Candidate
- Has experience transforming a Product team or transforming the way products are delivered
- Has expertise in SaaS, subscription, or businesses with direct customer engagement
- Has experience in one or more of our industries: Architecture, Engineering, Construction, Manufacturing, or Media & Entertainment
Welcome to Autodesk! Amazing things are created every day with our software – from the greenest buildings and cleanest cars to the smartest factories and biggest hit movies. We help innovators turn their ideas into reality, transforming not only how things are made, but what can be made.
We take great pride in our culture here at Autodesk – our Culture Code is at the core of everything we do. Our values and ways of working help our people thrive and realize their potential, which leads to even better outcomes for our customers.
When you’re an Autodesker, you can be your whole, authentic self and do meaningful work that helps build a better future for all. Ready to shape the world and your future? Join us!
From health and financial benefits to time away and everyday wellness, we give Autodeskers the best, so they can do their best work. Learn more about our benefits in the U.S. by visiting https://benefits.autodesk.com/
Salary is one part of Autodesk’s competitive compensation package. For U.S.-based roles, we expect a starting base salary between $133,100 and $215,380. Offers are based on the candidate’s experience and geographic location, and may exceed this range. In addition to base salaries, we also have a significant emphasis on annual cash bonuses, commissions for sales roles, stock grants, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Diversity & Belonging
We take pride in cultivating a culture of belonging and an equitable workplace where everyone can thrive. Learn more here: https://www.autodesk.com/company/diversity-and-belonging