Operations | Chief of Staff
Downeast Cider is the #1 hard cider brand in New England and #2 hard cider in the country. Our first batches of unfiltered cider were fermented in the dorms of Bates College, Maine. We're now a team of 100, with new roles opening across all departments.
We produce, package, and ship our products at the cider house in East Boston, which is also the location of our office, taproom, and seasonal outdoor bar.
Operations, Chief of Staff
As the Operations, Chief of Staff you will Provide support across the Operations organization with an eye towards continuous improvement, cost savings, and expanding operations capacity.
What you'll do:
- Ownership of all contract packaging
- Supporting supply chain, operations and maintenance as a project management leader
- Create opportunities for continuous improvement and cost savings across the operations organization
- Assist the Operations leadership team in the hiring and development planning process
Who you are:
- 5 to 8 years in an high speed manufacturing operations
- 3 to 6 years direct people management experience
- Project management experience of multi-year, $500k+ projects
What we offer:
- Unlimited paid time off
- Annual bonus
- Paid holidays
- 401k with 4% company match
- Health & dental insurance
- Company-provided short term disability
- Computer reimbursement
- Cider allowance (how big is your fridge?)
About Downeast Cider
We aspire to build an enduring company with a world-class brand, known as an extraordinary place to work. It’s been 12 years since our first batches of unfiltered cider were fermented in the dorms of Bates College, Maine, and while we’ve gained 120 new teammates and 1.3 million cases of tasty drinks - with a growing assortment beyond cider - we remain 100% founder-owned. We’re a scrappy team that enjoys the hard work of creating a company because we get to work on fun things with people we like.
We like to hire the way we like our cider, unfiltered. With the understanding that we can learn and grow from each other’s differences, we are proud to hire regardless of gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, or anything else that makes us who we are.