Octant is a well-backed team (Series A led by a16z) of experienced scientists and entrepreneurs at the frontiers of biology, chemistry, and computation. We are a small molecule therapeutics company advancing a new paradigm of drug discovery to navigate the complexity of human disease by applying the latest advances in the synthesis, editing, and analysis of DNA and chemicals.
Octant is an equal opportunity company that deeply values diversity, equity, and inclusion, and welcomes applicants of all backgrounds. We’re committed to growing the company with a diversity of talented individuals and our team is dedicated to fostering an inclusive and supportive work environment for everyone.
This role is a unique opportunity to:
- Execute on projects in the biotech/deep-tech/synthetic biology environment.
- Collaborate across teams and directly with the leadership team to define and execute projects, or improve processes, that are core to building Octant.
- Work directly with our experienced founders: Ramsey, who held senior roles building teams at Dropbox and Google; and Sri, who previously worked at Wyss Institute, Harvard, and UCLA where he built numerous technologies in gene synthesis, DNA information storage, gene editing, and large-scale multiplexed assays.
- Get in on the ground floor and help scope and lead initiatives to set up Octant for long term success.
- Work closely with the entire team to support company operations and ensure Octant is running smoothly and efficiently.
- Jump into a generalist position that includes both project work, and also starting up and running processes, across functions such as company strategy and planning, people operations, recruiting, finance, office management, PR, marketing, and legal (depending on your interests and experience).
This job might be great for you if you:
- Can operate in the details without losing sight of the big picture.
- Are eager to help build a mission-driven company with technologists at the cutting edge of synthetic biology, genomics, computational biology, and high throughput chemistry.
- Are comfortable breaking new ice and will thrive in a fast-paced and collaborative startup environment.
- Enjoy learning and using new technology, in both office and lab settings, to keep a startup rolling.
- Have strong organizational, time management, prioritization, and problem solving skills.
Prior operations, HR, recruiting, finance, or consulting experience is valued but not required.
To apply or for more information, please send a resume/CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Operations” and your name in the email’s subject line.
Octant is located in Emeryville, CA.
Medical, dental, & vision coverage with competitive compensation based on experience level.