**This role can be based in Austin, Texas or Seattle, Washington**
We’re working on the future. If you are seeking an iterative fast-paced environment where you can drive innovation, apply state-of-the-art technologies to solve extreme-scale real world challenges, and provide visible benefit to end-users, this is your opportunity.
Come work at Amazon Prime Air!
We are looking for a Manager of Program Management to drive program management for our efforts to deliver the Prime Air Drone System, supporting executives in the Prime Air division. This is a Chief of Staff role that will lead a small team of Program Managers to deliver on our program milestones. This role requires excellent leadership skills to build trust and drive alignment across all levels of the organization.
- Provide support for Vice Presidents and Directors in support of streamlining and improving program operations
- Lead a small team of Program Managers, developing a unified program management approach to meet program targets
- Work with Technical Program Managers (TPMs) and Program Managers (PMs) across hardware, software, autonomy, and research science teams to deliver the Prime Air technology defined in the roadmap
- Develop and facilitate internal mechanisms to succinctly document current program status, risks, help needed, and metrics to Sr. Leadership
- Own and track status, risks, and opportunities to deliver on the Prime Air Engineering roadmap
- Work with Sr. Leadership and PM/TPM Teams to create, implement, and drive processes that improve execution and communication
Export Control License
This position may require a deemed export control license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Placement is contingent on Amazon’s ability to apply for and obtain an export control license on your behalf.
- 7+ years of Program Management experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science, or a related technical discipline
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver products and projects on tight deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Demonstrated skills in business communications
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Management, Supply Chain, Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline
- Prior people leadership experience preferred
- Proficient in tools required to manage complex projects
- Experience working on aerospace products / projects
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Company - Amazon.com Services LLC
Job ID: A2015562