Placer.ai is a fast-growing big data startup led by seasoned executives and repeat entrepreneurs who are building the world's first "Google Analytics for the physical world". Placer.ai’s platform provides instant visibility into any property in the U.S., presenting accurate details about visitation patterns and demographic breakdowns of visitors. Placer.ai’s customers can see where visitors have been before, where they go afterwards, where they typically go for sports, entertainment, groceries, etc., and what their interests are. Placer.ai's A.I.-based SaaS platform replaces archaic solutions such as manual surveys, installed cameras and other people-counting systems, creating a blue ocean market of more than $100B.
Placer.ai has grown 3x year-over-year for the past 3 years, counting more than 500 paying customers across a range of industries, including 2 of the world’s top-10 retailers, 2 of the top-10 CPG firms worldwide, a world’s top hospitality firm, 2 of the world’s top-10 commercial real estate (CRE) firms and 2 of the world’s top multinational asset managers and hedge funds. Placer.ai has just raised $50M in series B funding.
About The Role
Placer.ai has recently announced its app exchange marketplace, with first partners such as Experian, Spatial.ai, and STI. Placer.ai is committed to growing its offering and partnerships over its marketplace, and sees it as a strategic priority for the organization. The Marketplace Head/GM will own Placer.ai’s marketplace. This means both setting vision, strategy and goals for the marketplace, and engaging, negotiating and closing key prospective marketplace partners. This also means paving the way for hundreds and thousands of data players to self-onboard Placer.ai’s marketplace, and sell their offerings to Placer.ai’s growing customer base. It’s an entrepreneurial CEO-like role within a rapidly growing startup, and one of Placer.ai’s key positions. As you join us for the role, at first you will roll up your sleeves and do everything yourself, and not long into the role, build a team of account managers and business development managers to grow Placer.ai’s marketplace.
- Build the marketplace business within Placer.ai, optimizing for KPIs such as revenue, adoption and use by Placer.ai customers, growth rate, NPS, etc.
- Build a vision, strategy, goals/OKRs and roadmap for Placer.ai’s marketplace.
- Engage, negotiate and close key prospective marketplace partners.
- Craft compelling pitches and build materials to attract, engage, and close deals with prospective partners.
- Manage all relationships with current and future marketplace partners, including overseeing payment to vendors, quality control, and renegotiations.
- Partner with Placer.ai’s executive team to prioritize prospective marketplace partners, considering input from sales, customer success, the market, and our customers.
- Build a team of account managers and business development managers to manage existing marketplace partners and close deals with new ones.
- Build processes and playbooks to shorten and optimize the partnership-forming process.
- Collaborate with Placer.ai’s head of product marketing to generate sales enablement materials for AEs and CSMs to sell or up-sell marketplace offerings to Placer.ai customers and prospects.
- Manage marketing resources to promote Placer.ai's marketplace offerings to our growing customer base, and recruit new partners using our marketplace value proposition.
- Optimize marketplace operations by partnering with operations, product, legal, finance, and support.
- Over 8 years of relevant experience in roles such as GM, BD, CEO, COO, business cofounder or equivalent.
- A history of successfully growing marketplaces or partnering with industry-leaders and delivering exceptional outcomes.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to build relationships internally and externally.
- Powerful storyteller: written, verbal, and visual. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Motivated, self-starter, self-reliant and ambitious.
- Proven ability to lead and influence cross-functional teams.
- Strong project management skills with attention to detail.
- Can juggle many balls in the air simultaneously.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, start-up environment.
- Ideally: Experience managing a business and owning its P&L, product roadmap, and marketing strategy.
- Ideally: Experience in building and managing a team of business professionals, such as account managers, business development managers or equivalent.
- Ideally: extensive experience in reading, redlining, and augmenting contracts.
- Ideally: MBA from a top school.
Why Join Placer?
- Join a rocket ship! We are pioneers of a new market that we are creating.
- Take a central and critical role at Placer.ai.
- Work with, and learn from, top-notch talent.
- Competitive salary.
- Excellent benefits.
- Fully remote.
Placer is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Placer.ai’s applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to an applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Placer.ai applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact Placer.ai’s Human Resources Department to make the need for an accommodation known.