Citizen is the No. 1 public safety app in the U.S., with a mission to make the world a safer place. Citizen provides 911 alerts so people can use their phones to keep themselves, and the people and places they love, safe. Citizen has notified people to evacuate burning buildings, deterred school buses from nearby terrorist attacks, and led to the rescue of kidnapped children and missing people.
Citizen’s 911 alerts are accompanied by live stories, real-time updates, and user-generated content so app users never have to wonder why there are helicopters overhead or fire engines passing by. By broadcasting from the scene of an incident, communicating with one another, and reading live updates, communities are empowered by Citizen. We act fast, break news, and give people the immediate information they need to stay safe. And we’re just getting started.
Our paid product—Citizen Protect—is a first-of-its-kind personal safety subscription that allows users to reach a digital guardian 24/7 for $20/mo. Subscribers have used Citizen Protect to de-escalate tense domestic situations, guide emergency response to remote hiking locations, travel safely on late-night walks and Ubers.
Already relied on by millions of people every day, Citizen will expand even further across the United States this year to keep more users safe and informed. We’re looking for hardworking, mission-driven individuals to help bring Citizen to hundreds of cities nationwide.
Citizen is backed by 8VC, Founders Fund, Goodwater Capital, and Greycroft and has raised $100M+ in VC funding.
About the Role
Citizen is looking for a high performing, results oriented individual to join our Finance and Business Operations (FBO) team! This is an exciting opportunity to provide business partnering and financial support across the entire organization. This role will support accounts payable, contracts review, investor relations, tax filing, external audit, and report into the Head of Finance and Business Operations. This is a highly dynamic role where ruthless prioritization, comfort with ambiguity, and best-in-class execution skills are crucial to be successful.
- Own the financial forecasting and annual budgeting process by understanding business drivers and collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Monitor and track financial performance, highlight areas of concerns or improvement
- Identify time- or cost-saving opportunities to drive improved financial performance
- Create business process and controls for the accounts payable workflow
- Review invoices for accuracy, resolve discrepancies, and obtain necessary approvals
- Analyze spending patterns and identify opportunities for cost savings or process improvements
- Prepare finance slides for board meetings highlighting variance to forecast and other key performance metrics
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date capitalization table in addition to facilitate new grant approval
- Participate in investor audits by providing relevant financial and operational records
- Analyze vendor contract terms and conditions, identify risks and opportunities, ensure compliance with legal and organizational requirements
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date contract records, track milestone deliverables, identify potential issues and take proactive measures to resolve them
- Collaborate with stakeholders to negotiate amendments and improve deal terms
- Uncover risk and opportunities with corporate tax compliance
- Prepare documents to assist in registering the company for new taxes
- Collaborate with partners to complete the annual filing of income and sales tax returns
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or a similar quantitative field
- CPA, MBA, or similar credential are a plus
- At least 3+ years of relevant experience for Sr. Analyst or 5+ years of relevant experience for Manager
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented with the ability to identify process gaps and recommend improvements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to synthesize information to non-financial audiences
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple priorities, and meet deadlines
- High proficiency with Google Workspace and Microsoft Office, specifically Sheets, Slides, Excel and PowerPoint
Salary Range & Benefits:
The below represents the expected salary range for this position in one of our three hubs: San Francisco, CA, Los Angeles, CA or New York, NY. We take a number of factors into account when determining compensation including your location, experience, and other job-related factors.
Salary Range: $140,000-$175,000 annually + equity + benefits
Citizen offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, paid time off, company holidays, stock option plan, commuter benefits, and various wellness perks.
Citizen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected class.