Manager | Customer Care and Customer Operations
Location: Los Angeles Apt, Terminal 4 (LAX-TRM4)
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 70385
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you’ll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
Why you'll love this job
- This job is a member of the Hubs and Gateways Team, within the Customer Experience Division.
- Responsible for managing, developing, and coordinating all customer-related activities ensuring the highest level of customer satisfaction and experience.
- Acts as the Manager On-Duty for vacation relief and other instances where coverage is needed in both Customer Care and customer Operations.
- Project management including serving as construction liaison for the American Airlines construction project.
- Salary range is $90,000 to $125,000.
What You'll Do
- Oversees day to day customer service operations including oversight of the ticket counter and gate activity in multiple facilities as well as ramp and bag room oversight
- Ensures efficient use of resources to achieve operational performance targets
- Enforces all company and departmental procedures including safety and security
- Reviews staffing requirements and bid schedules for all employees
- Communicates procedural changes to Customer Service Managers and frontline employees ensuring compliance
- Monitors and analyzes trends to achieve on time performance
- Mentors and develops employees
- Identifies areas which require improvement
- Develops and implements processes to achieve improved efficiency and productivity
- Enhances vendor relations and ensures contractual obligations are performed
- Ensures all internal audit requirements are in compliance
- Develops an annual expense plan and monitors the budget
- Assists with interviews and selection of CSMs/Customer Service Supervisors
- Ability to work rotating shifts including nights, weekends and holidays
- Complete other duties as required
All you'll need for success
Minimum Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or relevant field or equivalent experience/training
- 2-3 years’ work experience in Airport Operations
Preferred Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- 1-2 years Project Management experience
Skills, Licenses & Certifications
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Excellent analytical skills and proficient use of PC related software
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and handle shifting priorities within a fast-paced, dynamic work environment and can tolerate high stress situations
- Ability to effectively delegate work assignments and manage large groups of employees
What You'll Get
Feel free to take advantage of all that American Airlines has to offer:
- Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You, your family and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily flights across our global network.
- Health Benefits: On day one, you’ll have access to your health, dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that’s just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, flexible spending accounts and more.
- Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of yourself – that’s why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools, resources and support you need.
- 401(k) Program: Available upon hire and, depending on the workgroup, employer contributions to your 401(k) program are available after one year.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars, cruises and more
Feel free to be yourself at American
From the team members we hire to the customers we serve, inclusion and diversity are the foundation of the dynamic workforce at American Airlines. Our 20+ Employee Business Resource Groups are focused on connecting our team members to our customers, suppliers, communities and shareholders, helping team members reach their full potential and creating an inclusive work environment to meet and exceed the needs of our diverse world.
Are you ready to feel a tremendous sense of pride and satisfaction as you do your part to keep the largest airline in the world running smoothly as we care for people on life’s journey? Feel free to be yourself at American.
Additional Locations: None