Manager of Corporate Strategy
Envision Healthcare is a leading national medical group focused on delivering high quality care to patients when and where they need it most. More than 30,000 clinicians and clinical support teammates call Envision home. We welcome teammates of every background and work in communities that reflect the racial, ethnic, gender, sexual orientation, and economic diversity of our country.
Through Envision Physician Services an d AMSURG, our clinician-led organization is changing the face of healthcare by delivering high-quality care that puts the patient first.
Envision’s core values drive continual advancement and ingenuity across the enterprise:
- Be Curious-embrace learning, seek out diversity of thought, listen openly, ask questions, and ask for feedback
- Instill Trust-have the hard conversation, presume good intent, honor commitments, and do the right thing for patients and each other
- Pursue Extraordinary-challenge the status quo, champion change, innovate and constantly aim higher
- Care Deeply-serve patients, partners, communities, and each other with empathy, compassion, and respect
- Embrace Teamwork-work cross-functionally, break down walls, develop others, be inclusive and unite to improve patient health
- Inspire Joy-seek fulfillment and the joy of medicine, appreciate others, celebrate wins, and promote wellness and belonging
We offer you an outstanding total compensation package, and a variety of health and welfare benefit options to help protect your health and promote your wellbeing. The benefits package includes: medical, dental and vision, life & disability, 401k, HSA, Flexible Spending and an Employee Assistance Program.
If you are looking for a stable, fast-paced, growing company in the healthcare industry that is committed to innovation, excellence and integrity, then this may be a great next step in the advancement of your career.
We currently have an exciting opportunity available for an experienced Corporate Strategy Leader!
As the largest emergency medicine and anesthesiology provider in the country, Envision Healthcare’s 27,000 physicians and clinicians are leading the charge to care for patients on the front line of America’s healthcare system. The company is on a mission to evolve and transform itself in the face of unprecedented challenges in the healthcare industry.
The Director/Manager of Corporate Strategy will lead and drive high priority strategic initiatives as part of the enterprise-wide corporate strategy team. Through this role, the Director of Corporate Strategy will learn the business, the strategy, and the people on the team. Over time the role will position the successful candidate for future growth and opportunities both on the strategy team or more broadly across the organization. The role reports to the Head of Strategy for the firm and will work regularly with the executive team and key leaders across the company to drive impact and outcomes.
Representative Responsibilities & Topics
- Stakeholder strategy (e.g., physicians, payors, health systems)
- Market specific strategy and competitive positioning
- Enterprise initiatives on healthcare policy, impact of macro trends
- Developing and launching new strategic initiatives
- Corporate M&A to drive growth
- Serving as a project owner for C-suite driven initiatives
- Board updates
- Entrepreneurial / “founder-like” mentality
- Outstanding conceptual, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Strong overall ability to have impact across a range of functions and disciplines
- Ability to engage directly with senior level executives (e.g., CEO, COO, etc.)
- Strong ability to influence; track record of successful client relationship development and ability to quickly build credibility and gain the confidence of individuals at all levels.
- Strong sense of accountability; passion for owning projects and driving them to completion
- Sense of humility and a willingness to do whatever it takes to address challenges
- Demonstrated interpersonal, collaborative, and relationship-building skills
- Team player with the ability to sell change and build consensus effectively
- Demonstrated ability to recognize, prioritize, and evaluate market trends and specific growth opportunities
- Deep curiosity about and drive to solve challenging business problems
- Understanding and passion for healthcare may be beneficial but not required
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Top-tier MBA or advanced degree preferred (e.g., MD or PhD)
- Experience in consulting, investment banking, or similar
- Demonstrated expertise in healthcare preferred but not required
Location: Denver / Nashville / Dallas … with possible flexibility elsewhere
Travel: Periodic travel required
Please note, this position is remote and the pay range presented is specific to the Denver, Colorado market. Salary bands across the enterprise may differ due to cost of living adjustments and are specific to an employee’s address.
Colorado Salary range - $90K - $120K
If you are ready to join an exciting, progressive company and have a strong work ethic, join our team of experts! We offer a highly competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
Envision Healthcare uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Envision Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.