Lead Operations Analyst
Poshmark is a leading social marketplace for new and secondhand style for women, men, kids, home, and more. By combining the human connection of physical shopping with the scale, ease, and selection benefits of ecommerce, Poshmark makes buying and selling simple, social, and fun.
Are you the type of person who feels they could solve any problem if they just had the right data? Are you curious by nature? We are seeking an experienced analyst to help us better understand and manage the Poshmark seller business through rigorous data analysis and insights.
The ideal candidate will bring a strong business mindset for approaching problems and have strong technical skills in data extraction and manipulation. This is the perfect opportunity for someone with 5+ years experience to gain valuable experience and drive decisions at a high-growth, mobile commerce company.
- Provide data driven insights and actionable recommendations to key stakeholders. Understand and meet their analytics needs on a continual basis
- Lead and project manage stakeholder short-term and long-term analytical and operational projects with growing independence
- Monitor existing metrics, analyze data, and partner with internal team members to identify opportunities for improvement. Develop key metrics and performance indicators to evaluate business performance
- Perform exploratory data analysis to identify trends, patterns, correlations, and insights and provide business recommendations to the leadership team in a simple, clear and compelling manner
- Think and work independently, demonstrate creativity and deliver quick results, yet demonstrate a team-player attitude
- Work effectively with cross-functional teams, learn and apply best practices from other teams and always strive for high quality deliverables
- Identify data quality and process improvement opportunities
- Maintain required documentation to ensure inventory of all key findings from trends and growth opportunities
- Identify the right metrics needed to appropriately manage our business, and work with the Data Engineering team to implement the data collection needed.
- Identify the opportunities for automated monitoring and work with engineering team to get the automation implemented
- Independently find and deliver analytics insights in areas of business operations to drive high stakes business decisions
- Develop an understanding on KPIs and analysis of supply and demand forces within a two sided marketplace
- Gain deep understanding of Poshmark's internal data systems and platforms and the use cases for each
- Partner on solving business problems, and develop a strong relationship with the stakeholders
12+ Month Accomplishments:
- Own analytics and be the go-to person for data driven decision making for at least one business area
- Independently lead and project manage business stakeholder priorities
- Develop insight and knowledge of long term trends and factors influencing the business
- Present synthesized data driven analysis and insights on the marketplace to the senior members/ executives
- Bachelor's degree in Math, Statistics, Business or a related field. MBA or Masters in Analytics is a plus.
- Equivalent degree with 5 to 6 years of business analysis experience Or M.S. with 4+ years of experience in analytics /business analysis / analytically oriented, data, or quantitative role e.g., business metrics reporting, finance, consulting, or marketing research
- Strong data mining skills using SQL
- Proficient Excel Skills
- Data Visualization through Looker
- Understanding of data modeling concept and partnering on building new DW tables
- Experience in gathering requirements and formulating business metrics for reporting
- Ability to communicate data, at a level appropriate for the audience
- Strong interpersonal skills — including written and oral communication skills
Poshmark is a leading social marketplace for new and secondhand style for women, men, kids, pets, home, and more. By combining the human connection of physical shopping with the scale, ease, and selection benefits of ecommerce, Poshmark makes buying and selling simple, social, and sustainable. Its community of more than 80 million registered users across the U.S., Canada, and Australia is driving the future of commerce while promoting more sustainable consumption. For more information, please visit www.poshmark.com, and for company news and announcements, please visit investors.poshmark.com. You can also find Poshmark on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and YouTube.
At Poshmark, we’re constantly challenging the status quo and are looking for innovative and passionate people to help shape the future of Poshmark. We’re disrupting the industry by combining social connections with e-commerce through data-driven solutions and the latest technology to optimize our platform. We’re nothing without our amazing team who deliver an unparalleled social shopping experience to the millions of people we connect each day.
We built Poshmark around four core values: 1) focus on people to create empowered communities that drive success; 2) together we grow to support each other to strive for our dreams; 3) lead with love to foster genuine connections built upon a foundation of respect; and 4) embrace your weirdness to accept and empower one another on their own unique journey. We’re invested in our team and community, working together to build an entirely new way to shop. That way, when we win, we all win together. Come help us build the most connected shopping experience ever.
Here’s what we’ll set you up with:
- A team that is invested in your career growth and training
- Competitive salary and equity, based on experience
- Company sponsors up to 100% cost for your health, dental and vision plans and up to 90% for your dependents
- Work alongside world-class talent
- Flexible vacation / paid time off policy
- Parental leave
- Personal style encouraged (or not, whatever you’re in to)
Poshmark is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.