Head of Customer Success
At DISCO, we strongly believe in the uniqueness of thought, experience and perspective that can only be achieved through having an inclusive and diverse workforce. We strive to continue to make DISCO an incredible place to work by fostering a culture of inclusiveness, diversity, openness and collaboration. We value all different kinds of experience, so even if you feel you don't meet all of the necessary criteria for this position, we encourage you to apply.
What is DISCO?
DISCO is the industry standard for managing, organising and sharing music and other media. We make music and media workflow fast, intuitive and simple, directly connecting people and their work to save time. Today we count UMG, Sony, Warner Music, Netflix, Amazon and Rockstar Games among our customers, and over 250,000 people interact with DISCO each month. Our customers are super passionate about our product.
Los Angeles, California, USA or London, England, UK
We are seeking an experienced Head of Customer Success to lead our Customer Success team, ensuring the highest level of customer satisfaction, retention, and expansion. This role is critical in cultivating strong customer relationships, managing high-level conversations, and driving business growth through customer engagement. Your deep knowledge of the music industry, combined with leadership skills, and Customer Success experience, will be essential in driving our customer success strategy in truly partnering with our customers. A successful candidate is:
- Customer-focused, with a passion for understanding and meeting customer needs.
- A strategic thinker who can guide teams through complex situations.
- Adept at managing challenging conversations and building rapport.
- An influential leader who can inspire and motivate teams towards achieving their goals.
- Committed to fostering a collaborative and positive team culture.
- Develop and implement customer success strategies that align with the company’s overall objectives and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Establish and maintain key relationships with executives and enterprise-level decision makers, leveraging your interpersonal skills and industry knowledge.
- Lead and mentor the Customer Success and Customer Success Operations teams, guiding them through complex onboarding projects and challenging customer interactions.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure a seamless customer experience and to explore creative business solutions.
- Anticipate industry trends and potential account risks, providing guidance to junior team members and exploring partnership opportunities.
- Set and achieve challenging expansion targets in line with business goals, focusing on reducing churn and LTV from D2C, SMB, Mid-Market, and Enterprise accounts.
- Utilize customer success metrics and insights from sales and product teams to make informed decisions and drive departmental performance.
- Work closely with the product team to address customer needs and influence the prioritization of product features and customizations.
- Foster a culture of continuous learning and improvement within the Customer Success team and across the organization.
- Minimum of 7+ years of experience in customer success or related roles, preferably in the SaaS or music industry.
- Proven track record of leading customer success teams, driving retention, and expanding customer relationships.
- Exceptional leadership and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, with a focus on data-driven decision-making.
- Years of relevant experience and/or Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or a related field; MBA degree preferred.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, global environment, adapting to shifting priorities.
At DISCO, our employees have told us what benefits mean the most to them, and we've listened. So as a DISCO employee, you will work remotely from home (or a co-working space) whilst being supported by a friendly and fun international team.
In addition, you will receive:
- A competitive salary in a fast-growing startup
- Medical/Dental/Vision- We contribute $500 per month towards these costs for US employees, which is automatically added.
- Four weeks of paid vacation leave per year
- Paid bank/public holidays as outlined in our Leave Policy
- Two weeks of paid sick leave per year
- Paid Parental Leave
- A company laptop
- Monthly internet allowance/reimbursement
- Office set-up allowance
- Annual learning and development allowance
- The ability to work how you want. We’re not heavy on rule books. Everyone is trusted to figure out the best way to work.
To apply for this incredible position, please submit your resume -- a cover letter is optional.
DISCO is an equal-opportunity employer. In addition, we will provide reasonable accommodations for individuals who have disabilities. If you require any reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please note this in your cover letter and we will reach out to you.
Please note that we do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies.