Rippling is the first way for businesses to manage their HR & IT — from payroll and benefits, to employee computers and apps — all in one, modern system.
In just 90-seconds, a company can set up (or disable) an employee’s payroll, health insurance, work computer, and third-party apps, like Gmail, Microsoft Office, and Slack. It’s the only platform that truly unifies every employee system, and automates all of the administrative work.
Rippling is headquartered in San Francisco and has raised over $200M from top-tier investors, including Founders Fund, Greenoaks Capital, Coatue Management, Kleiner Perkins, and YCombinator.
About the Role
As our team has grown, the challenges related to our scale-up have grown too. We’re looking for a Head of Business Operations to establish a new function to help our teams proactively address a diverse array of business challenges. From scaling up our product operations, to more effectively communicating across teams, to supporting the executive team’s situational awareness, there’s a broad spectrum of unique and interesting business challenges to solve.
We also view this team as a management incubator of sorts: smart, ambitious business leaders will gain a very high level of context around our business lines. As the team and individuals mature, they may be called to take on specific business challenges permanently, making this team an ideal place to gain both executive and operational experience in an ultra-high-growth business.
- Implement company-wide processes to drive alignment with our mission, strategy, and values
- Own the company’s quarterly and annual planning processes, running them across the company while also continuously evolving their designs to match the needs of the business
- Coordinate our biweekly executive team meetings, cross-functional operating meetings, and other meetings/programs that facilitate swift and effective issue resolution across the company
- Partner with our finance organization to standardize and distribute the key operating metrics for the business; be a critical decision maker for determining “what matters”, and spotting instances where the data is signaling issues or opportunities for the company
- Establish a consistent method for measuring the performance of our product operations teams (e.g., payroll ops, insurance ops, PEO ops) and partner with those teams to drive process improvements that improve their KPIs
- Hire and mentor a small, high-powered team of specialists
- Previous experience in a job with ample executive exposure as a functional leader, a founder of their own company, or time on a strategy team
- Naturally analytical mindset; the candidate gravitates toward a spreadsheet rather than a slide deck
- Experience in a highly cross functional role and can clearly describe and work within the organizational dynamics of a fast-growth company
- Ability to execute with conviction and good judgment with limited guidance; needs minimal direction in an ambiguous context to take action and then adapt quickly
- Experience in management consulting is an asset, provided it is coupled with real operating experience
Located in San Francisco once we’re all vaccinated, no exceptions.
Even if you don’t meet all of the requirements listed here, we still encourage you to apply. Skills can be used in lots of different ways and your life and professional experience may be relevant beyond what a list of requirements will capture. Rippling is an equal opportunity employer.