Founded by Gautam Tambay (former Bain) and Parul Gupta, Springboard is a rapidly-growing education-technology startupin downtown San Francisco. Our tight-knit ~200-person team (~100 in SF) is on a mission to bridge the world’s skills gap by preparing students for the digital economy. We offer online, part-time, ‘career-change’ courses designed to train and support students looking to move into new careers in fast-growing, in-demand areas such as Data Science, UX/UI Design, and Software Engineering. Springboard’s unique model combines project-based learning, 1-on-1 expert, industry mentorship, and a money-back Job Guarantee. The company completed its Series B in 2020 and is backed by the founders of LinkedIn and Princeton Review, Pearson, as well as the industry’s top educational VC firms. We are listed in the GSV EdTech 150 and are #140 on Fortune 500’s best startup employers.
This role is ideal for someone looking to manage a high-performance team while also driving the end-to-end execution of top-priority strategic projects within a growing, fast-paced startup environment. As a key leader in the company, you will collaborate closely with the executive team and will have a unique opportunity to shape, drive, and adapt the company’s strategy at the highest levels. You will lead the Business Operations & Strategy team by supervising team members, overseeing their development, and sourcing and scoping projects for the team. Your work will put you at the heart of our organization and frequently place you in discussions about the future of Springboard and how we can transform the $580B higher education market. We prefer candidates to be based in SF or willing to relocate, but are open to remote candidates.
What we're looking for
- You have EITHER 3+ years of experience at a top consulting firm, OR 1-2 years consulting experience plus 2-3 years of Strategy/BizOps experience; all candidates should have at least 6-12 months of experience managing at least 1 employee
- You have managed or owned highly complex projects (e.g., strategy development)
- You have multiple experiences supporting or collaborating with C-suite executives and have honed your communication skills in these environments
- You are independent and self-directed.
- You can take on a lot of responsibility and ownership quickly and love to get things done.
- You value the team experience, care about forming relationships with coworkers, and know how to prioritize sustainability in your work and life.
- Business strategy and new business development: Define Springboard’s long-term strategy and assess/recommend new market opportunities; exploration into new delivery models e.g. University partnerships; defining how to launch and grow a new B2B training segment
- Product Strategy and Execution: Recommend design changes to existing courses to improve quality of student outcomes and improve cost of service per student; Research to guide expansion strategy into new subject areas and courses; Project management to take a new pilot or initiative from concept to implementation
- Operations teams’ and CEO/Board support: Designing new features to better serve students, improve retention, and protect job outcomes; Assisting the CEO with forecast modeling and fundraising / board materials
Example responsibilities as team leader
- Running regular planning processes for BizOps project sourcing, scoping, and prioritization
- Supporting team members in both their professional development and as well as their work (e.g., through regular check-ins, project scoping, feedback on deliverables)
- Planning and running team meetings and activities
- Leading hiring for new team members
- In addition the above, owning and driving your own high-priority projects
The Springboard team of 220 works out of offices in the heart of San Francisco and Bengaluru. We’re backed by top investors, including Costanoa Ventures, Reach Capital, Learn Capital, Pearson Ventures, and the founders of LinkedIn and Princeton Review.
Working with us, you’ll enjoy competitive compensation, health insurance coverage, a 401k plan, generous learning and professional development budgets, and an opportunity to impact thousands of lives alongside a fun, dedicated and mission-driven team. To learn more about our team and culture, follow us on Instagram @springboardlife!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
California Privacy Rights Notice for Job Applicants
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), Springboard is required to inform California residents who are job applicants about the categories of personal information we collect about you and the purposes for which we will use this information. This notice contains disclosures required by the CCPA and applies only to personal information that is subject to the CCPA.