Jobs at Firsthand
Firsthand is an exciting Seed-funded startup at the cutting edge of media, marketing, and AI. Firsthand’s founders are repeat entrepreneurs and advertising technology pioneers who founded the seminal technology companies now powering the ad businesses at Google, Microsoft, Comcast, and more. We are advised and funded by the leading investors and experts in Artificial Intelligence. We founded Firsthand because we see a paradigm shift coming that will completely re-work how the digital advertising and commerce ecosystems function, and we are building a platform to power this new economy. We have offices in NYC and also support hybrid work. We welcome top talent from anywhere in the United States.
We’re currently recruiting founding team members and are looking for a highly skilled and experienced Head of Business Operations to to join our close-knit founding team of founders, engineers, and product managers.
As Head of Business Operations, you will play a pivotal role in driving the growth and success of Firsthand. You will report to our Co-CEO and be responsible for overseeing various aspects of the company, and driving operational excellence across the entire company.
- Develop and implement comprehensive strategies to optimize business operations, collaborating with senior leaders to set strategic goals and objectives.
- Manage and oversee corporate functions, including board deck preparation, strategic planning, business reporting, and KPI monitoring.
- Take charge of financial management, including budget creation oversight, expenses, and financial performance, as well as financing readiness/diligence materials. Hire and liaise with accountants, ensuring compliance with tax filings and oversee insurance matters.
- Lead human resources initiatives, covering administration, on-boarding, recruitment, offer processes, job leveling/titling, and the creation of an employee handbook/code of conduct. Build and manage a team of professionals, ensuring a positive workplace culture, and organize corporate events.
- Oversee real estate needs, including upgrading the office at least once.
- Handle legal matters, including finding, hiring, and managing law firms.
- Support the Go-to-Market (GTM) team in strategy, pricing, and contract-related activities.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to ensure the successful implementation of new processes and systems, enhancing overall operations and productivity.
- Prior work experience and training in consulting, financial analysis, or strategic finance. Undergrad or graduate business or economics degree a plus
- 7+ years of work experience in a similar role, including tech company operating experience, and strong history of career progression
- Self-starter who is able to think strategically and own a variety of projects and versatility of tasks
- Outstanding communication and collaboration skills, including with C-level executive team
- Excellent financial, analytical, and problem-solving abilities
- Highly organized, with strong project management skills
- Strong leadership and management skills, with the ability to motivate and inspire a team
- Proficiency in using business tools and software
What You’ll Get From Us
- A rare opportunity to help introduce and guide deep and fundamental change to a fast moving and innovative industry
- The opportunity to play an integral role in shaping our company and culture
- You'll get the learning and development that comes from working with the world's best advertising technology executives, PMs and engineers on leading edge technologies and capabilities
- You’ll be a part of our journey from the start, which affords the opportunity to shape Firsthand and the future of the internet, and grow your career and expertise along with the company
- An open and inclusive culture and work environment
How to Apply
If you are ready to embark on an exhilarating journey at the forefront of AI, seize this opportunity by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We eagerly anticipate hearing from you!
Note: This job posting is for a seed-stage funded startup. Compensation and equity will be discussed during the interview process.